OHC Language School Calgary
Description of OHC Language School Calgary
- Year of foundation: 1974
- Location: Calgary, Canada
- Language of instruction: English
- Age of students: 16+ years
- Type of study: private language school.
The OHC English Calgary Language School is conveniently located in the heart of the shopping and entertainment district of the city, right on the C-Train public transport line on the first floor of a two-story building. OHC Calgary puts students in the first place, providing high-quality study of the English language, selection of the best teachers and qualified staff. Arriving at OHC Calgary, students feel part of a close-knit, friendly community.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in OHC Language School Calgary
Accommodation, meals, prices
OHC School Calgary Language School offers students accommodation in host families and in residence.
- Homestay allows you to improve the level of English proficiency at the everyday level, practice new language skills with native English speakers, and get to know Canadian culture from the inside. Homestay provides a comfortable and supportive environment, homemade food, taking into account the individual requests of guests. All families are checked by the international school location department. The proposed family accommodation options range from 20 minutes to an hour from the campus.
The student house is located three blocks from the C-Train, a quick and easy way to travel around Calgary. There is a bus service between the residence and the school.OHC Calgary Student House is located three city blocks (5 minutes walk) from the school. Two apartments are located on the 19th and 28th floors of a high-rise building with a beautiful view of the city and mountains. The student house consists of separate bedrooms, a shared bathroom and a kitchen with a dining area. All bedrooms are fully furnished - these are separate rooms with a single bed, a wardrobe, a desk, a chair and a bedside table. Each apartment has access to the open balcony.
The building has a gym, basketball court, lounge area, where students can access for free. The student house is equipped with free high-speed wireless Internet access, a flat-screen TV with Netflix cable channels in the dining area. A small grocery store is located in a building on the same street.
Activities OHC Language School Calgary
OHC School offers students a rich program of extracurricular activities:
- Visiting local attractions - the Calgary Tower, Glenbow Museum, Calgary Zoo
- Visit local markets, Lake Banff, Wildlife Park, food court
- Attending sporting events, hockey matches
- Watching movies, debating club.
- Language School Calgary OHC School offers excellent language programs and services, providing students with a high-quality and interesting stay in the city. Every detail of the school - buildings, events, student houses, academic programs - are designed to provide a rich and fun learning and tourist experience. Each year, OHC schools accept students from more than 60 countries.
- Little occupancy of classes: the maximum number is 16 people. The classroom created a comfortable atmosphere for learning English: students learn to express thoughts at their own pace, freely express ideas and confidently share their opinions on various issues. Students have many opportunities to practice English, to improve their language skills.
- The curriculum is built on the thematic principle, which makes it quite broad, giving teachers the opportunity to adapt classes to the individual needs of students. The academic program consists of 17 different topics, which are repeated about three times during a calendar year. Within each topic, teachers are free to study various sub-topics.
- The curriculum allows teachers to include in the classroom a wide range of authentic materials, so that students acquire real language skills that they can use outside the classroom. Many extracurricular activities organized by event coordinators are built around the topics studied.
- Permanent event coordinators work with students, offering many extracurricular activities and excursions for all students learning English.
- Beautiful buildings in well-located places
- Warm and welcoming atmosphere
- Student housing available to every student.
- Highly qualified teachers
- Flexible and effective programs
- Courses start every Monday - students can join classes at any time of the year.
- Students receive a globally recognized certificate of completion
- Internal accommodation coordinator oversees all issues related to accommodation.
Facilities and equipment at OHC Language School Calgary
The OHC Calgary building offers light and comfortable classrooms, common areas and an outdoor patio for students. The school offers students a computer lab, a kitchen, a breakfast room, a library of books and DVDs, and a patio with picnic tables and a barbecue.
Students have access to self-study materials, free internet access.
Admission dates and extra charges
- Registration fee
- Cost of accommodation
- Summer housing
- Surcharge for housing
- The cost of transfer from the airport in one direction, in both directions
- First medical insurance
- Guardianship (notarized)
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 140 CAD
- Registration fee (for accommodation) 200 CAD
- High-Season Supplement 25 CAD
- Transfer (one way) 115 CAD
- CAE Exam Fee 390 CAD
- Medical insurance 2 CAD
- Study materials 55 CAD
- Extra night 50 CAD
- Special diet food 65 CAD
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Age - 16+
- Language proficiency level:
- Beginner-Advanced - for General English, General English Plus courses
- IELTS Exam Preparation - for the Upper-Intermediate course.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about OHC Language School Calgary
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.