Northbridge International School Cambodia
Description of Northbridge International School Cambodia
- Age of students: from 2 to 18 years
- Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Founded: 1996
- Type of institution: private school
- Language of instruction: English
Founded more than 25 years ago, Northbridge International School Cambodia combines a diverse and international approach to education with world-class personalized learning and a unique learning environment. It offers a full cycle of programs for children from 2 to 18 years old from all over the world.
Students have access to better global learning than any other children their age in Cambodia. The institution teaches as many as 11 foreign languages, including English, French and Chinese, and includes International Baccalaureate courses for students of all ages in the curriculum. Students leave Northbridge International School Cambodia after learning the world's languages and gaining invaluable qualifications highly regarded by the world's most selective universities.
The spacious campus of 8 hectares has a safe and beautiful green area, modern amenities that provide ideal conditions for the success and prosperity of all pupils. The students receive the best international education in Cambodia in Phnom Penh, which opens the door to the best universities in the world.
Collaboration with the world's leading institutions will help students at Northbridge International School Cambodia discover and develop their natural talents. The MIT-Nord Anglia STEAM program helps students develop their creativity and problem-solving skills by solving the interdisciplinary problems facing the modern world.
Students understand that their success depends not only on academic achievement, but also on their character and actions – which is why students devote at least 150 hours of extracurricular activities a year to the IB Diploma, and through the Share a Dream initiative, they become active agents of change, engaged in fundraising, research, defending and serving local NGOs.
The local unique Global Campus platform also challenges and inspires pupils with the help of Global Goals, the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, and the UNICEF Global Challenge.
Northbridge International School Cambodia is a worldwide international baccalaureate school and offers an excellent international program that provides students of all ages with academic rigor while developing inquisitive, knowledgeable and caring young people motivated to succeed.
Northbridge's goal is to develop in all of its students a genuine passion for learning. His individualized approach to learning begins with rigorous academic standards that are taught on the basis of a constructivist model of research.
Children are regularly given homework and additional literature. In the classroom, children learn poems, perform essays and tests, write their own research projects and create presentations. Teaching is conducted according to the communicative method.
Things to know about
Northbridge is the only school in Cambodia that offers unique global opportunities for students and staff through a family of Nord Anglia Education schools around the world.
In the 2019/20 academic year, Northbridge International School in Cambodia achieved a 100 percent passing score. The average score of 33 was 3.1 points higher than the world average IB score (29.9 points worldwide), which widened the gap between the school and other IB schools around the world.
This academic year also saw 78% of students who received a full bilingual diploma (the global average was just 32%).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Northbridge International School Cambodia
Accommodation, meals, prices
Café Blends is Northbridge's own social space that nourishes and energizes children's minds and bodies with healthy and nutritious food. Food is prepared by experienced chefs from fresh products.
Activities Northbridge International School Cambodia
The main sports in the school are football, volleyball, basketball and swimming. There are also education sessions in tennis and other sports as part of the broad LEAP out-of-school program.
The Phnom Penh Young Athletes' Sports Meetings (YAPP) are often held, and the school itself is a member of the ASEAN Conference on Sport and Events (ASAC), which includes schools throughout Southeast Asia, so the institution regularly holds inter-school competitions with other international schools in Phnom Penh.
With a wide range of exciting extracurricular activities, the child will discover their talents while developing resilience and a sense of teamwork.
Music programs encourage children to be as active as possible in music - there are voice production studios, microphones, educational materials and musical instruments.
Joint trips to other cities and neighboring states are organized regularly. Trips to Le Martin (Switzerland) and Arusha (Tanzania) are very popular. Local trips take place quite often - at least 1 time in 2-4 weeks.
- All classrooms have Apple TV wireless broadcast equipment
- Students study under the MIT-Nord Anglia STEAM program
- Cooperation with the world's most famous art institution (Juilliard School) enriches students' love for dance, drama and music
- Children can use the Global Campus platform
- Here you learn more than 30 different rationalities
- Children can learn 11 foreign languages
- From childhood, students become tolerant and active members of society who are ready to change the world for the better.
- The comprehensive development of schoolchildren is encouraged - spiritual, musical, sports and academic
- The school is a member of the world-famous organization Nord Anglia
- The institution has the best technical equipment for a productive educational process
- There are several levels of the IB program for children and adolescents of all ages – from 2 to 18 years old.
Facilities and equipment at Northbridge International School Cambodia
The school is a green oasis in Cambodia's growing capital, Phnom Penh, where world-class facilities are nestled among tree-lined sports grounds and parks. The quiet and tranquil atmosphere seems far removed from the bustling city behind the school walls and is the perfect environment for learning, playing, and growing for the youngest and oldest students.
The purpose-built classrooms are equipped with advanced equipment and technology, which creates incentives for students to learn and collaborate while having fun and being inspired.
Makerspace on the school grounds encourages students to think creatively and develop outside the classroom – this is a special area that has everything you need to generate ideas: computers, materials for creativity.
There is also a sports hall (tennis and basketball courts), two dance studios and an indoor water sports center with a 25-meter swimming pool and seats for spectators.
The admission process begins with a school excursion, which takes place either on campus in person or virtually.
Children applying for placement at an early age will join their peers for a grade in class. Grade in the classroom is a special assessment system through which teachers can observe the student and identify his strengths and weaknesses in order to understand whether the child will be able to study harmoniously in school.
Families must meet with the principal of the school (primary and secondary). Parents meet with the admissions committee for further steps.
It is necessary to submit an official application with an attached package of documents and wait for a response from the admission committee. It is necessary to pay registration fees on time - otherwise the place will not be assigned to the student and will be transferred to another.
Graduates of Northbridge International School Cambodia enter the best universities - primarily in universities in the UK, Australia and the USA. More than 90% of graduates continue their studies at universities immediately after graduation from the educational institution.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to fill out the application, several additional documents are required:
- Two passport-size photographs of the child (taken within the last 6 months)
- Photocopy of birth certificate or passport
- Photocopies of parents' passports and visas
- Copies of the child's school records for the last two years
- A copy of any educational psychologist or medical reports that will help you understand how best to meet your child's specific learning needs
- Parental Home Registration PhotoCopy (Thai citizens only)
- English Language Proficiency Test.
All documents must be translated into English and notarized.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Northbridge International School Cambodia
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.