National University of Distance Education
Description of National University of Distance Education
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Year of foundation: 1972
- Language of tuition: Spanish, English
- Number of students: 260 000
- Type of education: mixed.
National University of Distance Education (UNED/UDIMA) is the largest among universities in Madrid and Spain, with more than 260,000 students. UNED employs 205 teachers, another 500 collaborate with the educational institution. About 50% of all teachers have a doctoral degree.
Educational programs include 26 variants of bachelor's, 43 - master's, more than 600 programs of continuous learning, 12 language courses, more than a hundred summer courses and almost 400 activities for advanced education.
Faculties of the university:
- Economics and business
- Geography and history
- Industrial Engineering
- Political Science and Sociology
- Computer equipment.
UNED has several association centers throughout the country - here the main programs of the university are studied both remotely and full-time, as well as additional courses.
The University combines traditional education in classrooms with distance education programs. The UNED "distancing" student is integrated into a broad virtual community where various online services are available (open courses, virtual host communities, courses, secretariat, library, etc.). Each subject has its own virtual classroom with additional materials, assignments, forums and chats so that the student can communicate with a team of teachers, mentors and peers.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in National University of Distance Education
Accommodation, meals, prices
Общежитие Colegio Mayor Ntra. Sra. De Guadalupe is intended for Erasmus participants – students of UNED and partner universities. Cost of living:
- Single occupancy with private bathroom: 1 238€ per month
- Single occupancy with shared bathroom: 1 020€ per month.
In Madrid, it is possible to rent residential premises at a monthly cost:
- Studio apartment at an average price of 420€
- One-room apartment in the center – from 550€
- Room – 330€ in the center and 250€ in the extreme areas.
Activities National University of Distance Education
Among the courses of extracurricular education, additional language classes, in-depth studies of disciplines are held. Students can attend educational lectures by invited speakers on various topics, for example, investments and stocks, sex education, clothing and fashion.
Facilities and equipment at National University of Distance Education
The university is headquartered in Madrid and campuses are located in all autonomous communities of the country. There are enough points on campus for education:
- Laboratories and research halls
- Faculty buildings
- Administrative premises
- Event rooms.
Admission dates and extra charges
Distance learning is always available: 24 hours, 7 days a week and 365 days a year.
Full-time education takes place on semesters:
Additional monthly expenses of students include:
- Accommodation, utilities
- Meals – from 200€
- Transport – about 100€
- Recreation & Sports
- Household needs
- Registration and annual fees
- Health insurance
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Applicants: July 7-October 22
- Returning students: with permission to request to continue education until October 22.
Terms of pre-registration/reception:
- Applicants: June 1-30
- Returning students can complete the registration process at any time.
Registration period for entrance exams for persons 25-45 years old: from 1 to 11 February.
Registration for lifelong learning will be carried out on the official website on the dates:
- Usual period: from September 7 to November 30
- Extraordinary term: until January 15.
- Students holding a European Bachelor's degree or an International Baccalaureate diploma must request accreditation for admission to universities in Spain under the management of UNED
- Taking any of the following tests or courses: selection, university entrance exams, bachelor's degree assessment, or access for persons over 25 and 45 years of age
- Academic documents: certificates, certificates of completed courses, transcripts
- Online application for admission on the official website of UNED, payment receipt of the application
- Summary, plan of research proposal (for masters and postgraduates).
International students will need:
- Student Visa
- Health insurance
- Special exam Pruebas de competencias especificas (tests of specific competencies) or PCE (formerly Selectividad).
Scholarships National University of Distance Education
Options for financial assistance and material incentives:
- Scholarship of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports
- Valencia Generalitat Scholarship
- Andalusian Bonus: 99% discount on tuition fees
- Exemption from disability education
- Financing of the Erasmus programme
- International Internship: Lighthouse Scholarships
- UNED Social Foundation
- Scholarships for cooperation between the Ministry of Education and Vocational education.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about National University of Distance Education
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.