Mongolian State University appeared in 1942 and became one of the first higher schools in the country. Initially, the university had only 3 faculties, then over the years it developed, new ones gradually opened, and today there are more of them.
List of faculties:
The listed faculties offer about 80 study programs, most of which are available in Mongolian. Today, about 12 thousand people receive high-quality higher education, among whom a significant percentage are foreign students from Russia, America, the AMG, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Laos, Vietnam, Turkey, Afghanistan and other countries of the world. The international name of the main university of Mongolia is National University of Mongolia, or NUM. Over the years of successful work, the university has established partnerships with more than 200 foreign universities or research centers.
Bachelor's programs can be taken at the following faculties of the university:
The university offers 93 master's programs, the duration of which is 2-2.5 years. You can take training in the main faculties of the university:
For student residence, five student residences with a total capacity of more than 1300 people are offered to foreign students of the Mongolian University. One or two-room rooms with shared bathroom are available for living. The rooms have the necessary amenities: a bed, a desk, a wardrobe, a refrigerator, a shared kitchen and a laundry are available. The number of seats is limited, so we recommend that you contact the registry in advance and reserve a room.
In addition to paying for tuition, foreign students need to be prepared for additional costs:
The Mongolian University organizes various events for its students to bring together Mongolian and foreign students and help the latter adapt to university life, introduce them to the culture of Mongolia, history, cuisine and nature.
The main campus of the university is located in the Mongolian capital Ulaanbaatar. In several provinces of the country there are additional university campuses - Zavkhan, Orkhon and Khovd. NUM University is part of the elite association of universities around the world UMAP.
The academic year at NUM University consists of two semesters.
Admission conditions for international students:
Consideration of the application and sent documents is carried out within 2 weeks. In case of passing the contest, the candidate receives a confirmation letter, after which he can already apply for a visa.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.