Home Language International Malta
Description of Home Language International Malta
- Location: Malta
- Founded: 1979
- Type of education: individual
- Type of accommodation: family (full board)
- Language of instruction: English.
The language school Home Language International was founded in 1979: it has been providing quality language teaching services in the home of a teacher around the world for over 40 years. HLI offers language programs for family living in more than 30 countries of the world, training is conducted in 20 languages. Students live and study in the home of their personal teacher, attend one-on-one language lessons, eat with their family 3 times a day, continuing to practice the language throughout their stay and sharing the daily life of the family.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Home Language International Malta
Accommodation, meals, prices
Terms of placement:
- Hospitable family atmosphere, cozy house
- Separate room for the student, home-cooked meals
- Incentive Activities
- Teachers who want to share their hobbies, language, culture with others.
Host families range from traditional - with two adults and one or more children - to single parent families, young couples without children, couples of mature age, people who live alone.
Host families satisfy food preferences (allergies, vegetarian diets, religious restrictions), language proficiency, course content, and the nature of extracurricular activities. Participants fill out a questionnaire, which helps families better prepare for their stay. Families in another country can live differently: participants are expected by unusual rules, food, living conditions. Program participants must be prepared to accept cultural differences in order to maximize the impact of their stay.
- Full board - 805 €
- Half board - 742 €.
Activities Home Language International Malta
Students can choose a program only with lessons, without lessons, or combined programs combining language lessons and activities (culture, sports, leisure). Regardless of the course, students spend time with family members.
- Tennis, horse riding - 230 €
- Scuba diving, 4 dives (2 dives / day) - 290 €
- Coastal fishing - 210 € (2x4h trip)
- Offshore fishing - 250 € (2x4h trip)
- Sailing (summer only) - 250 € / 3h.
- Homestaying and language learning during one-to-one lessons are the fastest way to learn English or any other language the school offers. Being the only student, the student will not be able to speak any other language except the one that is studying - this is the most natural and effective way to learn a foreign language.
- You can choose a course from 10, 15, 20, 25 or 30 hours of individual lessons per week with an experienced teacher. The lessons are completely personalized, so the teacher will focus on what interests the students. The school teaches students of all levels from beginners to very good command of the language, welcoming participants of any age.
- The full immersion program allows you to study in the classroom and in your free time - during meals, events or everyday family communication. This is one of the main advantages of the Home Language International language program - living in a teacher’s house allows you to continue studying even after the end of the lessons.
- Teachers have higher education + at least 2 years of teaching experience and / or teacher qualifications. Each teacher is regularly visited by one of the local organizers, checks his qualifications, carefully inspects their homes.
Admission dates and extra charges
The advantage of one-on-one placement and study with the teacher is the ability to choose dates (from Sunday to Sunday, any time of the year), as well as the desired duration (at least one week).
- Additional lessons - 40 € / h.
- Preparation for the exam - 130 € / week.
- Business and specialized dictionary - 130 € / week.
- Teacher training course - 130 € / week.
- Additional supervision - 150 € / week.
- Special diet - 150 € / week.
- Special needs - 150 € / week. (specified individually)
- Stay at Christmas, New Year, Thanksgiving - 150 € / week. (additionally)
- Private bathroom - 190 € / week.
- VIP accommodation - 400 € / week.
- Transfer (one way) - 75 €
- Pocket expenses - 85 € / week.
All students are advised to take out personal insurance.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Home Language International Malta
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.