Louisenlund Summer Camp (Summer School in Germany)
Description of Louisenlund Summer Camp (Summer School in Germany)
- Year of foundation: 1949
- Location: Gübee, Germany
- Language of instruction: German
- Age of students: from 13 to 16 years
- Type of education: private summer language school with accommodation.
Louisenlund is an elite private boarding school based in Germany after the Second World War. 80 years of teaching experience, hundreds of successful graduates around the world, a beautiful historical building with a park - all this has long attracted representatives of the best families in the country. The education is based on the optimal combination of deep academic education, progressive methods, attention to the development of creative, sports, language. Attention to the personal development of students is focused on the formation of dedication, responsibility, attention to the preservation of cultural and natural heritage. The private school Louisenlund accepts permanent education for German and foreign boys and girls, providing them with the best learning opportunities and full-time accommodation.
In summer, the guesthouse traditionally opens the doors for students who have come to spend two weeks abroad to study science and sports programs, learn German and dive into the international environment at the summer school of SchuleCamp.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Louisenlund Summer Camp (Summer School in Germany)
Accommodation, meals, prices
The SchuleCamp Summer School offers students comfortable living, a safe environment, accommodating on the territory of a boarding school specially equipped for students. Louisenlund offers rooms for teenagers for 1-2 people: rooms for boys and girls are located on separate floors of the building and have separate entrances. Each floor has a lounge, a common space for leisure activities, a kitchen with a fridge. On the floors there are bedrooms for teachers - they provide security and childcare during the holidays, free time.
The camp offers a rich, full-fledged 5 meals a day, including organic seasonal products supplied from local farms. Drinking water, fresh fruit snacks are always available for children. Once a week, vegetarian food is organized for all students.
Activities Louisenlund Summer Camp (Summer School in Germany)
The summer shift in the camp Louisenlund offers for children and adolescents a variety of leisure and evening activities:
- Intellectual quiz "What? Where? When?"
- Outdoor film screenings
- Sitting by the fire, cooking on an open fire
- Sports team games: football, basketball, volleyball.
On Fridays a garden party is held (dances, songs, treats on the coast).
On Wednesdays, students are given an excursion to the University of Kiel or Flensburg, acquaintance with the learning atmosphere, the life of German students.
Weekend programs include:
- A trip to Hamburg - excursions, shopping trips, visits to local cafes
- Quest is an intellectual developmental adventure that forms language skills.
Summer School offers two study programs:
- Scientific-humanitarian program "Intellect and heart"
- Sports program for active students "Pure adrenaline."
German language programs with load up to 40 hours per week. Levels of study - from A1 to B2.
Accommodation in full board in an ecologically clean natural area with a beautiful park, balanced nutrition, a safe environment and round-the-clock supervision.
Students take part in rich leisure and excursion programs.
Facilities and equipment at Louisenlund Summer Camp (Summer School in Germany)
The school is located in the historic Schlosspark Louisenlund estate, which was turned into an English landscape garden at the end of the 18th century by landgraf Carl von Hesse-Kassel. Its territory is large: it accommodates old mansions, gardens, meadows, goes to the Schlei Bay of the Baltic Sea - students have the opportunity to ride sailboats, yachts. The distance from Louisenlund to Hamburg Airport is 130 km.
Admission dates and extra charges
The dates for the SchuleCamp summer break are from June 30 to July 13.
Tuition - 2190 euros / 2 weeks.
Included in cost:
- Education in balanced programs that include language lessons of up to 40 hours (German)
- Group and general classes in the afternoons
- Excursion programs, visiting museums, exhibitions
- Accommodation in rooms for 1-2 people.
- Full board, drinks, fruits are always available for students.
- 24-hour supervision, informing parents 24 hours a day
- Use of sports halls, playgrounds, equipment
- Books, Tutorials
- Diploma of the camp participant SchuleCamp.
- Group transfer from the airport to the Louisenlund boarding school only for summer camp participants (85 euros one way, 150 euros - in two directions).
- Individual transfer (on request)
- Transfer (one way) 80 EUR
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Estimates for the last school year, certificates of participation in extracurricular activities, certificates, awards for participating in various school and other events
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Louisenlund Summer Camp (Summer School in Germany)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.