LIU Post (CW Post Campus of Long Island University) is a prestigious and famous university located in Brooksville near the metropolis of New York City (43 kilometers from it). It was founded in 1954 and for decades of work has established itself as an educational institution that provides quality and demanded education that allows graduates to find jobs in the best companies in the region and the world and build a professional career by doing research. Students from many countries of the world are studying at the University: adaptation programs and organizations for the development of career and professional skills are special for foreign participants.
The University provides its students with quality training programs at the Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral studies departments in the most diverse areas. It is also possible to study under the special programs "Dual-Degree" (bachelor's and master's courses at an accelerated pace) and certificates programs in various fields of knowledge. The School of Continuing Education offers an opportunity for everyone to attend professional courses throughout the year for a variety of needs. The university also operates an online education system - some subjects and disciplines can be studied without leaving the computer, which makes it possible to better structure your time and get more knowledge.
University teachers have exceptionally high qualifications, most of them have doctoral degrees. They are also active researchers and contribute to the development of science and the improvement of the quality of human life in the United States and around the world. The system of professional relations between the teacher and students is unique, when the students not only receive knowledge, but work in cooperation with the mentor, as colleagues. This helps students to reveal their potential and not be afraid to experiment, does not close them in the strict framework of academic knowledge, but teaches this knowledge to be applied in practice and to make adjustments if modernity demands it.
LIU Post Academic Programs are registered with the New York State Department of Education and are accredited by the Higher Education Commission of the Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools. Besides, various directions and specialties have accreditation of profile organizations, which speaks about the highest standards of the quality of education and exclusively professional attitude to the training of specialists. Among the organizations that accredit the University program are:
The University includes the following Schools and Colleges:
1. College of Education, Information and Technology (College of Education, Information and Technology). The College offers one of the broadest arrays of teacher education, counseling, administration, technology and library science programs in New York State and provides a supportive and enriching learning environment. Students are enrolled in bachelor, master and certificate programs offered by seven departments:
The "Education" program focuses especially on the needs of the kindergarten and the school and covers the nuances of the various stages of the child's development, including infancy, preschool, primary school, middle and high school.
2. School of Libraries and Information Systems "Palmer" (Palmer School of Library and Information Science). The school is a division of the College of Education, but it stands out as an independent structure as one of the most outstanding schools in the library business and information systems in the country. The school trains bachelors and masters, and also conducts training on certificate programs. Graduates of the school are real professionals in the field of analysis, preservation and structuring of information. The school is a member of the consortium "iSchools" and one of the best schools in the field of information research.
3. School of Business. The school has established itself as an institution with an exceptionally high quality of education. The School consists of:
According to the "The Princeton Review" rating, the Management College is one of the best business schools in the United States. The school's training programs received the highest degree of approval - the accreditation of the AACSB International. The Master of Public Administration degree is unique and is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration.
4. School of Professional Accountancy (School of Professional Accountancy). The school is the first autonomous school of professional accounting in the country. Founded in 1974, the School prepares students for careers as accountants, tax preparers, as well as planners of real estate and finance. Master's programs in accounting and taxation are offered in a mixed training format that combines online training in real time and classroom activities. The school is part of the Management College (accredited by AACSB International). All courses include the study of the latest technologies and software applications in the field of digital accounting and taxation. Teachers of the school have an unrivaled combination of experience and professional and academic knowledge. In addition, students meet regularly with leading accounting specialists who read lectures and conduct various master classes at the university. The extended internship program gives students an opportunity to get acquainted with the work of leading companies in the region and the world. Graduates are in demand by the world's leading accounting firms of the Big Four, as well as international, national, regional and local accounting firms; corporations and government agencies.
5. School of Computer Science, Innovation and Management in Engineering (School of Computer Science, Innovation and Management Engineering). The students of the school receive exceptionally high training in such rapidly developing areas as: network security, computer programming, website development, and knowledge management. Graduates are specialists in informatics, information systems, information management and technology, management in engineering and find employment in companies and corporations, government institutions, public and private schools and non-profit organizations. The demand for qualified specialists in technology is very high, and the School provides its graduates with a quality education and high competitiveness.
6. College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (College of Liberal Arts and Sciences). The College of Arts is a rapidly developing center of intellectual excellence, which includes 14 academic faculties and 80 programs. The college trains about 2,500 students who receive knowledge in a wide variety of training courses and are engaged in practical activities. Areas of study include the humanities and sciences - from the great philosophers and classical literature to the world economy and environmental sustainability. Each department has its own teachers, whose merits in the field of science and research have received national recognition. College students do not just get knowledge, but in co-creation with teachers they study globally significant subjects and strive to improve every aspect of people's lives.
7. School of Performing Arts (School of Performing Arts)
The school has a long and rich tradition of innovative professional training for dancers, choreographers, instrumentalists, vocalists, composers, actors, directors, theater designers, writers, writers, teachers, art managers and other performers. The school creates all conditions for all students to participate in major productions throughout their academic career. Professors and teachers of the school are doing everything possible to reveal the potential of the student and his involvement in the professional environment. Graduates of the school easily find application of their knowledge in the relevant spheres of creativity.
8. School of Visual Arts, Communication and Digital Technologies (School of Visual Arts, Communications and Digital Technologies). The school unites many modern fast-growing visual, printed and electronic broadcasting systems. Designers in the modern world should not only be able to work with software, but also be well-oriented in market trends to stay at the forefront of innovation, having the opportunity to apply aesthetic solutions to enhance the value of a product or service. Education programs provide students with technical skills, creativity and self-confidence, which allows them to become leaders in a variety of design areas. Digital design includes such areas as: 2D and 3D art, films, television, printed materials, the Internet, video games, art therapy and other various forms of visual art. Students together with teachers create creative projects, many of which receive national and international recognition.
9. School of Health Professions and Nursing (School of Health Professions and Nursing). The school offers students a professional high-quality education in the field of medical sciences through bachelor's, master's, doctoral programs, as well as obtaining certificates. The school includes 5 faculties:
The school has a fundamental research base and unlimited opportunities for practice and research. Graduates of the school are highly qualified specialists in the field of clinical laboratory sciences, biomedical technologies, medical information management, biomedical sciences, nutrition, nursing, radiological technologies, social work and find jobs and professional employment without difficulty.
10. School of Continuing Education. The school offers a wide range of professional courses in a wide range of areas. Courses are held at the school all year round and provide an opportunity for all groups and ages of the population: students of secondary schools and colleges, professionals and managers, graduates of schools, colleges and universities, elderly people, local residents. In the training programs there are programs with the issuance of a certificate, professional courses, tutoring and seminars at a time convenient for the students during working and weekends all year round.
11. Higher College (Honors College). The college was established in 1963 and is one of the oldest similar educational centers in the country. The College provides gifted students with unique opportunities for training, practical experience and research work. Complex training programs and a new level of critical thinking create unique prerequisites for personal and professional development. Students who graduate with honors, belong to an elite community of graduates whose academic achievements deserve special recognition among their colleagues and potential employers. The College provides its students with an opportunity to receive an excellent education and build a truly brilliant career.
The University is located in the village of Brookville (near New York) in an area of 307 acres with many trees and shrubs, clean air. The university campus has a complex of buildings and facilities necessary for comfortable study, living and recreation. The University provides its students with residences for living, as well as special nutrition programs. Students can participate in various activities on the campus of the university, make excursions, visit New York and its surroundings, as well as various cultural and entertainment facilities. LIU Post has more than 60 clubs and sections on interests, among which everyone will find a suitable hobby or hobby. The sports tradition is also strong - the students are engaged in various sports and support themselves in good physical condition, train in the male and female teams and take part in competitions. If you choose LIU Post University for education, then you will have a great future and bright prospects!
Foreigners who have finished school (a diploma with good grades / points) and have a certain level of knowledge of English can enter baccalaureate programs. Each School and College has the right to put forward its own requirements, which are necessary for admission (for example, applicants applying for creative specialties must provide a portfolio of works). The directions of education are extensive and include:
Educational programs include basic and additional modules (disciplines), each module is evaluated in a certain number of credits. Teachers find an approach to each individual student, helping him to reveal his talents and abilities. During the training, lectures, seminars, master classes are held. Students are engaged in independent work and research, work in a group, and submit reports. Examinations, written works, essays and extended essays are passed for the control of academic performance.
In the case of a successful completion of the training, the graduate is awarded a Diploma and is awarded a Bachelor's degree in the relevant field of science.
Directions and specialties of Baccalaureate:
Bachelor of Business Administration:
1. Basic modules (disciplines):
2. Modules in the field of information systems management:
Each module is evaluated, mainly 3 credits. Upon successful completion of the program, the student is awarded a Diploma and is awarded a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
The cost of studying for Bachelor's programs in all directions is from 35000 $ / year.
To clarify the cost of the selected program, please contact our specialists.
Students of the University have a great opportunity to supplement their core specialization and studied disciplines with additional fields of knowledge in accordance with their personal or professional interests. Programs of additional specialties give graduates an undoubted competitive advantage and expand opportunities for employment and professional activity.
The directions of the programs "Minor":
The cost of passing through certain directions under the "Minor" programs should be clarified by our specialists.
The department of magistracy at the university is very extensive and offers quality training programs in various fields of knowledge. All training programs are carefully designed, accredited and taught exclusively by highly qualified specialists. To foreign applicants, high requirements are met for academic knowledge and skills, as well as for the level of English language proficiency. Master's programs:
Programs include a number of academic disciplines that disclose all aspects of the specialty being studied. Teachers strive to find an individual approach to each student for the full disclosure of potential and opportunities. All questions that cause difficulties for students can be asked in the course of personal consultations. The learning process includes:
To control the progress and better mastery of the material, students in the course of training perform various screening works:
Upon successful completion of the training, the student receives a Diploma with the assignment of a Master's degree in the relevant field.
Directions and specialties Master's Courses:
Approximate educational programs for specialties Master of Business Administration:
1. Basic Courses:
2. Special Courses:
3. Integrated course:
Each subject (discipline) is estimated at 3 credits, the total course contains 39 credits. The Global Master of Business Administration program offers a convenient and flexible training schedule that is suitable for people who value their time.
Cost of MBA programs:
To clarify the cost, you can contact our specialists.
Cost of Master's programs in the fields of Business, Science, Education, Arts, Medicine and Health, Management, Humanities = from 1200 $ / 1 credit, from 35000 $ / year.
To clarify the cost of training for a particular profession, please contact our specialists.
Unique 5-year training programs are designed for those who have already decided to get a master's degree after the bachelor's degree, and do not want to lose time. Within 5 years, students graduate first bachelor's program, and then - magistracy. All foreign applicants must meet the requirements for admission to bachelor's programs and in the learning process increase the level of academic knowledge for the transition to the master's level. All training programs are carefully designed, are of extensive nature and are accredited by supervisory organizations. Students are trained on the basis of the same schools as in standard programs. Accelerated training programs are a great opportunity to obtain a demanded higher education in a short time.
Directions and specialties of the programs "Dual-Degree":
1. Programs leading to the Master of Business Administration degree:
2. Programs of other directions:
The cost of "Dual-Degree" programs:
To clarify the cost of training, please contact our specialists.
The Department of Doctoral Studies at the University has a fundamental scientific basis and meets the highest criteria of research education in a rapidly changing world. Applicants must possess exceptional skills and achievements in the scientific field and have a certain range of interests. Also applicants should be fluent in English and meet a number of other requirements. Training in Doctoral Studies is possible in 5 different areas.
Training programs in different directions may differ, but all of them include a huge body of professional thematic disciplines that need to be mastered for four or more years. Teachers provide their students with all possible assistance, and the university creates all the necessary conditions for unlimited opportunities for research in the selected area.
Research Areas and Doctoral Degrees:
1. Education: Interdisciplinary educational research
2. Health Sciences:
3. Information research
4. Libraries and Information Sciences
Tuition fees for doctoral programs:
IMPORTANT! The system of tuition payment in Doctoral Studies is divided into two types. From the 3rd year of study, a fixed fee is charged, and starting from the 4th year of study, a fee for individual blocks (credits). To clarify the cost of training, you can contact our specialists.
For the convenience of the process of obtaining education, online systems operate at the university. Within these systems, it is possible to pass a course on a certain discipline / subject without leaving the computer, which can greatly help certain categories of students save time or better manage their schedules. Teachers conduct classes online, students perform assignments and have the opportunity to communicate with other students and help each other learn new topics. Thus, the online system does not lose the advantages of conventional education, and in some cases surpasses it. The university also has the opportunity to receive education through the programs of certificates, professional courses, as well as in some specialties completely online. To clarify the available specialties and all conditions of online programs, contact our specialists.
The cost of online programs: to clarify the availability of certain disciplines and specialties and their costs, contact our specialists.
Educational courses are held on the basis of the School of Continuing Education. The school specializes in teaching courses for the widest sections of the population, from children and schoolchildren to pensioners who want to improve their level of education, gain knowledge in one area or another, prepare for exams or simply learn "for themselves." In the training programs there are opportunities to obtain certificates, tutoring classes, classes for managers and other types. Programs are held throughout the year and have a variety of options for duration and timetable, which makes them convenient for students.
Directions of education and courses:
2. Business and entrepreneurship:
3. Health sciences (certificates):
4. Human Resource Management (certificates):
5. Interior design (certificate):
6. Real estate (certificate):
7. Teacher certificates:
The cost of the programs of the educational courses varies depending on the duration and other factors. The availability of a particular course and its cost should be checked with our specialists.
Especially for everyone who wants to get a professional education with a document that confirms the passed material, there are certificates programs at the university. Each program consists of a number of academic disciplines taught strictly within the university tradition. In case of successful completion of the program, students take exams and receive a certificate of completion of the course, which gives them a competitive advantage or, in some cases, gives employment opportunities.
Directions of programs and specializations:
2. Advanced Certificate:
Cost of programs for obtaining Certificates: To clarify the availability of a program, as well as the cost, contact our specialists.
For the entire period of study, the University provides its students with one of eight comfortable residences for living. Residences are equipped with everything necessary for life and work and include:
The residences have different types of rooms and sets of amenities. Residences and their characteristics:
1. Brookville Hall:
2. Post Hall:
3. Riggs Hall:
4. Kings Hall:
5. Nassau Hall:
6. Queens Hall:
7. South Residence Complex (SRC):
8. Suffolk Hall:
When staying at university residences, students are offered various nutrition plans:
1. Power plan 1:
2. The plan of a food 2:
3. The plan of a food 3:
Cost of living:
The cost of meals (each plan includes special "lunch" $ 300):
If desired, the student or his parents / representatives can rent an apartment or apartments near the university. To clarify the availability of housing and assistance in selection / registration / cost, please contact our specialists.
IMPORTANT! The university does not recommend foreign students to reside in rented apartments or apartments.
Much attention during the training is given to the sports education of students. Students conduct an active lifestyle, are engaged in gyms, on treadmills, simulators. In addition, everyone can choose their main sport and actively engage in a team under the supervision of professional trainers. Student teams take part in various competitions and help their participants realize their potential. Available sports:
Students take an active part in university life and activities on the campus, including:
Students have the opportunity to engage in hobbies and hobbies in accordance with their interests. On the campus of the university there are various mugs / sections / communities, such as:
1. Academic organizations:
2. Cultural / Spiritual Organizations:
3. Social organizations:
4. Media organizations:
5. Leader organizations:
6. Special organizations:
7. Leader communities "Honor":
The university is located on an area of 307 acres (1.24 square kilometers) in a beautiful scenic area in the village of Brookville, New York (on the North Shore of Long Island). The distance to the city of New York is only 43 kilometers. On the campus are all the necessary buildings and facilities for a comfortable life and study, as well as for sports and hobbies. The advantage of the campus is the presence of a large number of trees and vegetation, as well as clean air. On campus there are:
Beginning of classes: all year round
The academic year is divided into several semesters
1. Autumn semester: from September 6 to December 21 (vacation from November 22 to 26)
2. Winter semester: from January 2 to January 16
3. Spring semester: from January 22 to May 9 (vacation from 12 to 16 March)
4. Summer semester:
Tuition fees for Bachelor's programs = from 35,000 $ / year.
To clarify the cost of the selected program, please contact our specialists.
The cost of "Dual-Degree" programs:
To clarify the cost of training, please contact our specialists.
Tuition fees for Master's programs:
1. Cost of Master of Business Administration (MBA) programs:
2. The cost of Master's programs in the fields of Business, Science, Education, Arts, Medicine and Health, Management, Humanities: from $ 1200/1 credit, from $ 35,000 / year.
To clarify the cost of training, you can contact our specialists.
The cost of the "Minor" programs: the cost of the programs should be checked with our specialists.
Tuition fees for doctoral programs:
IMPORTANT! Tuition fee in Doctorate includes two types. Fee from 1 to 3 years of training is fixed, and a fee with 4 years of study is charged for each individual loan. To clarify the cost of training, please contact our specialists.
The cost of training on the "Certificate" programs: the cost varies depending on the direction / duration / other factors. To clarify the cost and availability of the course, please contact our specialists.
The cost of online programs: to clarify the cost of passage of certain disciplines through online programs, contact our specialists.
Tuition fees on the programs of the Educational Courses: the cost of the programs varies depending on the duration and direction of the course. Please contact our specialists for further information.
For Bachelor's programs and Dual-Degree programs:
1. Age: from 17 years old
2. High school graduated
3. High level of knowledge of English
4. High level of academic knowledge
5. Internal test for the identification of knowledge
6. Interview with a university employee.
For Master's programs (of all types and directions):
1. Age: from 20 years (MBA programs - from 21 years)
2. Graduated Bachelor's or Master's Degree
3. Official copies of master's and / or graduation papers from any college or university where the applicant was enrolled
4. In the case of studying under Bachelor's programs outside the United States, the applicant must have a degree recognized by the US education system
5. High achievements at the previous place of study and in scientific research
6. The following standard tests can be used for entering the Master of Business Administration (MBA) programs: GMAT, GRE and LSAT
7. Two letters of recommendation, which describe the potential of the applicant and his academic skills and abilities
8. A personal statement describing the reason for admission to a particular profession
9. For creative professions it is necessary to provide a portfolio of works and projects
11. Students for whom English is the second language must submit the official test results "English as a Foreign Language" (TOEFL). Required minimum TOEFL level: 85. Minimum IELTS: 7.0.
For training on Doctoral programs:
1. Application of the established form
2. Official copies of all bachelor's and master's coursework
3. At least 3 letters of recommendation
4. Personal written statement of reasons for interest in admission to doctoral studies and continuing research in the selected field
5. Statement of the main theses of the proposed doctoral dissertation
6. Printed sample of published scientific work or other scientific publication
7. Full detailed biography
9. Fluency in English.
IMPORTANT! In addition to these general requirements, higher schools of the university set some of their rules for admission to doctoral studies. To clarify the requirements for each specific profession, you can contact our specialists.
For programs for obtaining certificates and professional courses: to clarify the availability of the course and the requirements for admission, please contact our specialists.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.