A one-year professional course at Vancouver Film School will show how multifaceted and complex the process of creating images with makeup and make-up can be. Working with renowned specialists and qualified teachers, students will step by step master uneasy art and choose future specialization.
Intensive course includes several thematic sections:
- work with wigs, art postigyora
- plastic makeup and lining
- basics of hairdressing
- technical component of the make-up
- organizational moments: the distribution of time, space in the studio, etc.
- Fashion and style: history, basic principles
- rules for the formation and presentation of personal creative portfolio.
Each student receives for the duration of training the entire set of tools and supplies:
- Sets for makeup Stillazzi
- Sets of professional brushes (more than 40!)
- Adhesives, varnishes, sealants of the best manufacturers
- Blush, blush and eye shadow MAC
- Crepe and natural hair
- Skin color palettes in Illustrator for postprocessing
- Professional tonal basis and powder Ben Nye.
The head of the course is Stan Edmonds - on his account a large number of famous and high-quality films: "I, Robot", "Appearance of the Killer", "Snow Dogs", "Butterfly Effect" and others. Connections and acquaintances with professionals and specialists, which will create students during training, will help to build a successful career after graduation without any difficulty! Graduates can work as makeup artists and plastic make-up (using latex, silicone and even gelatin), stylist hairstyles and postasters, build a career on TV, in theater or cinema, study fashion and style and make fresh decisions in model, acting, advertising agencies.
Our graduates have already successfully worked in a variety of large-scale, high-budget productions:
- "Startrek: Infinity"
- "Captain America: The Winter Soldier"
- "Django freed"
- "The twilight Saga. Eclipse"
- "X-Men: First Class"
- "The Avengers"
- "Pacific Rim"
- "Real blood"
- "The Land of the Future"
- "A hundred"
- "Arctic Air"
- "The Hunger Games"
- "Rise of the Planet of the Apes"
- "Another World: Awakening"
- "Resident Evil: Retribution" and many others.
Information for the entrants:
- Duration: 1 year
- Beginning of studies: January, May, September (specific dates you can check with your manager)
- 5 or more large projects each year
- 6 or more events per year
- For graduates - a prestigious diploma, replenishment of personal portfolio and access to a unique VFS vacancy fair, where the best offers from international companies are collected, registration in the special register of graduates.
Applicants are advised to prepare a personal portfolio (outline, photos, make-up and make-up work) up to 12 pages, as well as a motivation letter - why exactly are you worthy of studying at Vancouver Film School?