LSI Language School in Lugano is a well-known language center in the southern foothills of the Alps. The school is ideal for improving the Italian language and relax in Switzerland. Lugano is an islet of Italy in Western Europe. A cozy city with narrow cobbled streets is colorful, original and interesting from a tourist point of view. Lugano provides a variety of possibilities for entertainment, active and excursion recreation.
The school is located in the center of the historic city. Just 300 meters from the school building begins the coast of Lake Lugano. Also near the school there is the city university. In walking distance from the school there are other attractions of Lugano: galleries, museums, concert halls, historical sites.
General Italian Course
Short information. Standard Italian language course with a daily load of 4 academic sessions.
About the course. The general Italian course aims at developing basic language skills for students with different levels of basic training. The lessons are studied vocabulary, grammar. Also students practice in reading, writing, listening. Spoken speech is given special attention. Students are encouraged to improve their skills in an interactive form.
Students age: 16+
Start dates: year-round.
Requirements for enrollment: Italian - from the entry level.
[999.25 ] The result of the training: confident knowledge of Italian in the context of the main language aspects, fluency of speech, improvement of the skills of understanding the written text, the perception of Italian by ear.
Class size: up to 10 people.
Lesson duration: 50 minutes.
[ 20 lessons per week: 2 weeks - 600 CHF, 3 weeks - 800 CHF, 4 weeks - 1000 CHF, 3 weeks - 800 CHF,
Traditionally, several options for comfortable accommodation are offered. The greatest popularity among foreign students are host families, residences and hotels. One of the recommended hotels is located next to the educational building. There are single comfortable rooms with private facilities. The price includes breakfast in the hotel restaurant. In host families, students are accommodated on half board. In the residences, meals are not provided.
Homestay accommodation, single room, half board - 350 CHF
Extracurricular program of the school includes sports, excursion, entertainment blocks. For students eco-trips, boat trips along Lake Lugano, rest in the mountains are organized. In the city, foreign students are invited to visit museums, galleries, historical sites. In the vicinity of Lugano there is also a lot of interesting.The entertainment program includes in-school activities, visiting cafes and restaurants accompanied by a teacher, shopping and much more.
Morning classes. Some courses include full-time studies (13:00 - 18:00).
The language school has modern classrooms, a library with methodological materials and fiction in Italian, a computer center, a student café and a lounge for breaks between classes. The school's classrooms are equipped with interactive technology. All the methodological materials necessary for study are provided to students.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.