Description of Lamar University
Lamar University is an educational institution of state type that has been active in scientific and academic activities since the distant 1923. Currently, the main university building is located on the campus in the city of Beaumont.
The university is an average higher educational institution, where about 20,000 people take a course each year. Each year, the university participates in international exchange programs that are available to all students and faculty.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Lamar University
For the past few years, the university has consistently been in the TOP of the best universities in the world.
Facilities and equipment at Lamar University
The university has a large scientific library. In addition, the institution provides international students with the opportunity to live in a dorm on campus. Higher education institution is registered in different associations:
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities ( AASCU);
- Texas State University System;
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For university entrance, along with the exam results, the student must provide information on previous academic progress. After all the documents required by the university have been submitted, more than half (80 percent) of the applicants successfully enter the university. But it should be borne in mind that when enrolling at Lamar University, the percentage of enrollment can vary considerably depending on the popularity of the course chosen for study.
As in most American universities, the academic year here consists of two semesters. Reception freshmen each year produces a special selection committee. The university conducts education in two systems - full-time and remotely.
Studying at the university is paid, but students can return some of the tuition fee, receiving a scholarship subject to good academic performance. More detailed information is available on the institution's website (portal address http://www.lamar.edu), as well as on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Lamar University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.