University of Kyoto
Description of University of Kyoto
- Founded: 1897
- Location: Kyoto, Japan
- Language of instruction: Japanese
- Number of students: about 23,000
- Rating in Japan: 2.
Kyoto University is in the TOP 50 universities in the world and ranks second in the Japanese ranking: tens of thousands of applicants dream of starting their studies here every year, but about 1 out of 10 people manage to do this.
The most popular and internationally recognized programs are:
- Humanities and Arts
- Technology and Engineering
- Life sciences and medicine
- Management and Sociology
- Natural Sciences.
All programs are quality and effective: students are given relevant knowledge and skills needed by employers. Almost all companies and firms in the world are happy to hire graduates from Kyoto University, which opens up great opportunities for a future career.
The teaching staff consists of more than 3,000 specialists, most of whom are world-famous professors. Numerous exchange programs with foreign universities are available for students, the percentage of foreigners at Kyoto University is about 7% of the total number of students.
The university is part of the Association of Pacific Rim Universities, OpenCourseWare Consortium, Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Kyoto
Accommodation, meals, prices
For foreign students, accommodation in modern comfortable hostels is available, you can rent a separate apartment or room. Students prefer to eat in student cafes, which are distinguished by affordable prices and a good selection of dishes.
Activities University of Kyoto
In their free time, students make new interesting acquaintances with their fellow classmates, organize various events that correspond to interests and hobbies, discover and develop talents. At the university, various sports sections are open. Kyoto is a large, modern city that will delight students with the many attractions and activities that you can visit on weekends.
Facilities and equipment at University of Kyoto
Kyoto University has its own scientific center and laboratories, students are invited to visit a large library, and there is a computer room with broadband Internet access. Sports facilities have been built on the basis of the university, helping to maintain physical health and fitness.
Admission dates and extra charges
At Kyoto University, the academic year is divided into two semesters. Additional expenses, including accommodation, meals, transportation, mobile communications and leisure, will range from $ 850 per month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The requirements for applicants are strict: careful attention is paid to each document, including the results of entrance exams and a document on previous education. Some programs require a personal presence and interview, may request a letter of recommendation.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Kyoto
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.