Kielo Summer School
Description of Kielo Summer School
- Year of foundation: 2015
- Location: Malmi and Helsinki, Finland
- Language of instruction: English, Finnish
- Age of students: 10-18 years
- Type of education: private co-educational school.
Kielo International School is a private institution opened in August 2015. It offers a child-centered approach to learning that can identify and evaluate their unique potential. The school provides quality education in an international, rich, supportive environment, seeks to inspire students, to give them the necessary skills, to develop their potential, to prepare for future academic achievements, and ensure active and healthy leisure.
Kielo International Summer School invites students to an English language camp, Finnish educational tours and an unforgettable adventure in the area near the Arctic Circle - a cruise boat trip to Tallinn and Stockholm. The camps and tours are fully developed by native English teachers, conducted by specially studied teachers who have been living and working in the Finnish educational system for more than 20 years.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Kielo Summer School
Accommodation, meals, prices
Summer camp students are accommodated in comfortable residences and receive balanced meals.
Activities Kielo Summer School
A variety of activities complement the camp’s academic program every day: a picnic, berry picking, football, visits to Helsinki and other cities, and hiking. Each new experience gained in the camp enriches the participants with new knowledge and skills, allows not only to practice the language outside the classroom, but also to master communication skills.
The two days of the program are devoted to traveling, allowing you to explore Tallinn and Stockholm, the capital of the two largest and most interesting countries in the region.
- The Kielo School operates in accordance with Finnish basic education legislation, the national curriculum and state standards for the distribution of academic hours, and collaborates with the local education department of Helsinki, Espoo and Vantaa that supervise educational programs, academic results and the level of studying. The main language of instruction is English. Later, students start learning Finnish as a second language in accordance with the international education system.
- Kielo International School offers a child-centered approach to learning, identifying and assessing the unique potential of each student, and a wide curriculum - in addition to classroom activities, students take part in extracurricular activities that motivate them during the school year. Kielo students come from different countries and belong to different cultures. The opinion of students, the contribution of parents to the formation of best practices are considered as key in preparing pupils for adult life outside school.
- The language camp is aimed at both students with no experience in learning English, and students with a high level of language proficiency who are preparing to enter the university. Unique educational material provided by leading textbook publishers in Finland. The studying includes a large number of homework, helping to continue to develop the skills acquired in Finland.
Facilities and equipment at Kielo Summer School
The school is equipped in accordance with the requirements of national standards:
- High-tech equipment for classes and extracurricular activities
- Bright comfortable classrooms
- Spacious bright seating areas
- Equipped territory
- Gyms and simulators
- Constant supervision, safe environment.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school offers language tours throughout the year: weekly and two-week camps begin on the first and third Tuesday of each month, from April to September. Private tours can be organized in accordance with the wishes of the customer.
The school year at Kielo International School starts in the second week of August.
The school accepts students of 1-6 grades throughout the year, provided that the school has free places and students meet the requirements for admission.
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 1000 EUR
- Study materials 200 EUR
- Medical insurance 45 EUR
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Application process to school:
- Fill out an application online
- Take the test to determine the level of proficiency in English
- Receive confirmation from the school administration
- Pay a registration fee to reserve a place in the group.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Kielo Summer School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.