Dalguise camp is located in Scotland - this is the only PGL camp outside of England. The area of Perthshire, in which the camp is located, is not for nothing that bears the proud name of "Big Tree Country" - these are real forest thickets with clean air, pleasant for walking and sports.
Age of participants: 7-16 years (students are divided into Group according to the age principle).
Dalguise camp, like the rest of the PGL network, accepts children from all over the world, although about 90% of holidaymakers are traditionally British. The summer entertainment program does not provide for English lessons: language skills are taught unobtrusively, in a free, friendly environment during games, competitions, sports or crafts.
Classic Multi-activity: this is a diverse and interesting lesson for those students who want to try everything at once. The program includes team games, trampoline jumping, archery or rifles, fencing, rock climbing, cycling, orienteering, rope running, etc. Multiactivities can form the basis of the course, and serve as an addition to any other program - in any case, the course will not allow children to get bored.
Students live in new comfortable chalets - each house includes bedrooms for 6-8 people, toilets and bathrooms. The cozy, quiet atmosphere inside the chalet will help the children to feel at home from the first days of their stay, as well as not to part with new friends - inside there are common rooms for leisure and recreation, collective games. The food is organized full, healthy and balanced, there are dietary meals: basic meals are designed on the principle of a free buffet, the amount of food is not limited. Children have constant access to fresh drinking water, a large number of vegetables and fruits are served, at any moment you can drink a cup of tea or coffee.
Since 2009, in the territory of Dalguise there is a huge indoor sports center - active sports and games are possible even in case of rainy weather (which is not uncommon for Scotland). Also in 2010 a new rope park was equipped: there are 2 large redwoods on the territory, so the classes promise the children a lot of new impressions and adrenaline! Evening group events are often held in the main building, which once served as a summer residence for the Beatrix Potter: the historical value and grandeur of the building help students feel inside the Scottish legend, touch the history of the region.
Summer camp will be an excellent choice for active and independent children who find it difficult to sit still, who like to communicate with peers, solve complex puzzles and find non-standard solutions.
The campus area, spacious and well-groomed, is located in the fantastically beautiful forest lands near the river Tai, from the windows a stunning panorama of the surroundings and the river bank opens. Also nearby is the lake of the same name, Tai, thanks to which children have great opportunities for practicing water sports (for example, popular kayaking or canoeing).
Not included in the price:
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.