Kaplan International College London Academic Centre
Description of Kaplan International College London Academic Centre
- Location: London, England
- Age of students: from 16 years
- Language of instruction: English.
The courses offered by Kaplan International College London will help you successfully enroll in the best universities in the UK and the world – and build a great career!
Each program already has an additional course of career guidance and career building built, it does not require additional payment. Students will be able to learn how to make a spectacular resume and portfolio, practice interviews and interviews, correctly present themselves, highlighting strengths, develop a network of useful connections and contacts. In the Pathways Preview program , the direction of Your Online Reputation and Networks ("Your network reputation and networking"): with its help you can find experts and companies in your priority field of activity, get valuable advice from them, establish useful connections for the future, request access to their information resources. The list of partners of Kaplan International College London includes 3500 companies from 70 countries!
Career support for Kaplan International College London includes:
- Events and job fairs: the opportunity to talk directly with potential employers, pass interviews, communicate with industry leaders.
- Practical group projects: writing business plans, site structure, creating videos and presentations. It helps to develop teamwork skills, communication skills, organizational and research capabilities.
- Obtaining a professional certificate that will strengthen your portfolio.
- Consultations from the Career Department, career guidance through tests and trial works, interviews.
- Creating real works based on personal research: a laboratory report, a video blog, a report on corporate strategy or sales - depends on the chosen direction.
- Create a portfolio.
- Work experience: practices, internships (including online!).
Universities where students can enroll after completing preparatory courses:
- University of Birmingham
- Queen Mary University of London
- University of Bristol
- University of Westminster
- City, University of London
- University of York
- Cranfield University.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Kaplan International College London Academic Centre
Accommodation, meals, prices
Most of the students at Kaplan International College London live in residences, the main one being The Stay Club Kentish Town.
- Single bedrooms (there are with shared rooms, there are with private bathrooms)
- Kitchens: private (in studios) or shared
- Central location
- Shared living rooms: you can play board or video games, chat, watch a movie
- Fast WiFi
- The price already includes all household and utility costs: gas, electricity, water supply
- Security (guaranteed by administrators and round-the-clock video surveillance)
- You can choose same-sex accommodation.
Pupils under the age of 18 can also live in The Stay Club Kentish Town, but under the supervision of administrators (this is paid additionally = 300£).
What other residences are available to students?
- Chapter Spitalfields: East London
- Stratford One: near London Stadium and Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- Scape Shoreditch: The Trendy Shoreditch District
- Chapter Kings Cross: Central London.
These options are only available to adult students (18+ years old). General Specifications:
- Mini-studios: bedroom, kitchen area, shower and toilet, regular cleaning.
- Common rooms: classrooms for studying, karaoke rooms, games rooms, for cinema, bars and cafes, library, laundry, gym, terrace.
- 10-35 minutes to the educational buildings.
- Round-the-clock security and video surveillance system.
- All utility bills are already included in the price.
Accommodation in London will cost £1930-£19,500 per year (including a deposit of £250 (refundable)).
Activities Kaplan International College London Academic Centre
The staff at Kaplan International College London do their best to ensure that every student enjoys effective and comfortable learning:
- pre-arrival guide (useful information that you receive even before arrival).
- meeting at the airport and transfer (on request).
- Welcome Week: meetings with tutors and acquaintance with teachers, opportunities of the center, university resources that are available to you. If you need help, for example, in opening a bank account or registering with the nearest doctor - administrators will give any advice.
- Activities, excursions and entertainment in London – here is an endless field of opportunities! In addition, trips to other cities are arranged: Bath, Brighton, Cambridge, etc.
- Assistance in the selection of accommodation options.
On a student visa, students can earn extra money - this will give additional experience, and help to save a little. It is allowed to work 10 hours a week (20 hours / week for students of International Year One), during the holidays - full-time. It is forbidden to work as a self-employed or entrepreneur.
- Location in the heart of London
- International atmosphere: students represent more than 80 nationalities
- Excellent, experienced, qualified teaching staff, individual work with each student
- Guaranteed enrolment in partner universities
- An established student support service - not a single question will remain unanswered.
95-96% of graduates (and there are already more than 1000 of them) are satisfied with studying at Kaplan International College London. Among the main advantages in their reviews:
- "I am ready to recommend Kaplan International College London to my friends"
- "I got a great experience and am satisfied with the level of training"
- "The staff constantly helped me, took care of me"
- "The training course really helped to prepare for university"
- "London is a truly amazing place for students from all over the world to study."
Facilities and equipment at Kaplan International College London Academic Centre
The center is located in one of the best student cities in the world – London (QS Best Student Cities 2022). It is located in the heart of the capital (London Bridge tube station), within walking distance from the Parliament building and Big Ben, shops, cafes and restaurants, museums and architectural monuments.
Admission dates and extra charges
Kaplan International College London strives to make courses as flexible as possible, so it organizes several dates of admission throughout the year. Main periods:
- January to April
- From May to August
- From September to November.
For this reason, there are no clear deadlines for admission, but if you want to start your studies on a certain date, you should start the process of collecting documents, applying and passing exams a few months before it. Time will be needed to issue a visa, book a housing option. The exact start dates of the courses change every year, so our manager will check the specific dates for you.
- deposit = 5000£
- course materials, textbooks, manuals = 200-500£/year
- monthly personal expenses (transport, food, entertainment) = about 1334£/month
- administrative fee = 200£
- Car insurance = 470-735£
- air tickets and transfers
- visa expenses.
Basically, applicants present an IELTS certificate for admission, but other language certificates are also allowed as an equivalent:
- ESOL SELT
- Skills for English UKVI (four-component).
Scholarships Kaplan International College London Academic Centre
Kaplan International College London offers several scholarships for its students:
- Progression: If you have completed the preparatory course with honors, with excellent marks and other results, the price of the course at the university for you may be significantly lower.
- Path of Excellence Scholarship (for citizens of Saudi Arabia).
- Pathway scholarships: If you have presented excellent results from your previous place of study, you may be awarded a one-time discount (partial) on the Pathway course.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Kaplan International College London Academic Centre
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.