Islington Center for English
Description of Islington Center for English
- Location: London, UK
- Age of students: 16+
- Type of studying: mixed
- Type of accommodation: residence / host family
- Language learning: English.
The prestigious language school invites you to high-quality and diverse language courses that will help you to learn the language effectively and to significantly improve your language skills.
The specialized school of English was founded 14 years ago, but for a long time the school cooperated with the school of arts, helping to prepare students for the program “English for Academic Purposes”.
Flexibility is typical for all school programs: courses can be of very different duration and complexity, some areas are focused on part-time employment, others on full immersion. The school has a family atmosphere, classes take place in small groups.
In general, the whole wide range of language courses can be divided into 2 groups:
- Courses aimed at helping international students to adapt to university life in Britain;
- Programs for specialists from various professional fields aimed at improving language competence and professional skills in an international environment.
School teachers are native speakers, experienced teachers who adhere to modern techniques with proven effectiveness.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Islington Center for English
Accommodation, meals, prices
All year round for students the following types of accommodation are provided - host families, student residence, and house sharing.
Type of allocation
The most affordable housing near the school
Studio or single rooms without meals
Rooms for 1-2 people with breakfast and lunch or self-catering
Activities Islington Center for English
An extensive program of activities has been prepared for students:
- Visit the best club in London
- Graffiti tour
- Traditional English Tea Party
- Visit the modern art gallery
- Tour "Mysterious Murder"
- Quiz "The best British pub"
- Sky Garden Visit
- Karaoke evening
- Football tournament
- Visit the British Museum
- Picnics and more.
Facilities and equipment at Islington Center for English
School location: central London, Islington district. The school is located close to the subway and the main attractions of London.
Admission dates and extra charges
- Registration fee
- Accommodation fee
- Express Mail
- Additional workshops to improve language skills.
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 55 GBP
- Registration fee (for accommodation) 45 GBP
- Express mail 25 GBP
- Transfer (one way) 100 GBP
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Islington Center for English
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.