International University of Sarajevo
Description of International University of Sarajevo
- Established: 2004
- Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Number of students: 5000
- Language of instruction: English
- Type: private.
International University of Sarajevo was founded in 2004. Today it is a private university that accepts students from all over the world, and the language of communication and training is English.
The mission of IUS is to graduate specialists in the fields of science, art and technology for the good of the country; to educate free-thinking, active, caring people who are open to change and growth, are able to transform knowledge into values that are important for themselves and society. International University of Sarajevo, which is an international educational and research center, works with universities in the country and abroad (Europe, USA, Asia) to provide a qualified and comfortable learning environment for students.
Seven key aspects of the IUS mission:
- Continuous improvement of the quality of education
- Internationalized higher education
- Honesty with high ethical values in society
- Interdisciplinary programs
- Continuing education policy
- Involvement of civil society, authorities
- The desire for development.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in International University of Sarajevo
- High-quality, modern training programs implemented through the work of five faculties
- Modern logistics
- Work of student clubs on interests: automation and robotics, yoga and dance lovers, African people, a basketball club, an architectural circle, the entrepreneurial community, a radio amateur club, etc.
- Qualified teachers, most of whom have a degree
- International student and teacher exchange programs, joint research projects with partner universities
- Small study groups, a small number of students.
Facilities and equipment at International University of Sarajevo
The new campus of the International University of Sarajevo was inaugurated on April 5, 2010 during the official visit of Recep Tayir Erdogan, Turkish Prime Minister. All university structures are equipped with new equipment, well furnished.
To ensure a high-quality process of obtaining higher education:
- Department of Law
- Quality Control Bureau
- Project management office
- Department of work with students.
The forces of students and teachers at the university are:
- Research and Development Center
- Balkan Research Center
- Center for Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- Center for Continuing Education
- Information Technology Center
- Architectural laboratory
- Laboratory of Computer Science and Engineering
- Economic laboratory
- Laboratory of Electrical Engineering and Electronics
- Laboratory of Genetics and Bioengineering
- Engineering Laboratory
- Physical laboratory.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to become a student at the International University of Sarajevo , an applicant must provide:
- Certified translation of the certificate of general secondary education with an assessment in English
- Certificate of English Proficiency
- Motivation letter
- Autobiography (if necessary).
For admission to some specialties, passing entrance exams is required.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about International University of Sarajevo
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.