International University of Monaco, International University of Monaco
Description of International University of Monaco, International University of Monaco
- Location: Monaco
- Established: 1986,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type: mixed.
The International University of Monaco (IUM) is a private university offering bachelor's, master's and mixed degree courses in finance, services, and management.
The institution opened in 1986 in the capital of the Principality of Monaco and has recently been part of the large-scale educational network OMNES Education, and is also the closest partner of INSEEC schools, the French leader in higher education. OMNES Education has 13 schools and more than 19 campuses in different countries, most of which are in France. 40,000 people are enrolled in the programs of the educational network.
About 600 new students are admitted to the campus annually. Among all the students, you can meet representatives of about 70 nationalities who arrived at IUM to receive high-quality business education.
Faculties and colleges
The university has several specialized faculties:
- Economics and Finance,
- Marketing communications,
- Strategy and management,
- Languages and personal skills.
In October 2017, IUM, in collaboration with Monaco Impact and the Oceanographic Museum of Monaco , strengthened their relationship by signing a partnership agreement: this step aims to raise awareness among the younger generation about environmental issues and , in particular, about the protection of the oceans.
IUM is a partner of the Automobile Club de Monaco and Sportel Monaco, a unique convention for sports media and technology. Consequently, students can be part of the Monaco Grand Prix and the organization of Sportel Events.
Together with its partner Monaco Yachting Cluster, IUM has developed a specialization in yachting: apprentices benefit from exclusive and networked events offered by leading players in the industry.
Combined with research from the university's faculties providing additional insights into how business industries work, students have a unique competitive advantage.
A special fact about IUM is that one of its faculties is regularly published in the first 50 journals of the FT ranking.
Things to know about
IUM staff believe that an international worldview is essential for every student to prepare for a global career and change the world for the better. Therefore, all undergraduate students spend a semester abroad as part of their studies in any of the programs. The university offers many opportunities for a one-semester exchange program abroad at more than 20 partner universities:
- Argentina: Universidad del CEMA,
- China: Tongji University,
- France: INSEEC Business School, ESCE Paris,
- German: Munich Business School,
- Switzerland: ZHAW School of Management and Law, Easter Switzerland University of Applied Sciences and others.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in International University of Monaco, International University of Monaco
Accommodation, meals, prices
There are no places to live on campus, but students seek advice and guidance from school staff.
France borders Monaco on three sides and is washed by the Mediterranean Sea on the fourth side. IUM is located in the Condamine district, in the heart of the Principality, which makes the French cities of Cap d'Ail and Beausoleil popular places for university students - accommodation is located within walking distance or bus ride from campuses. A little further east are Roquebrune-Cap-Martin and Menton, which can be reached in 10 minutes by train. Nice, further west, is only 20 minutes away by rail.
Activities International University of Monaco, International University of Monaco
There are many events taking place on the territory of IUM, including world-famous or special events such as IUM International Business Days. Almost every month, something interesting happens on campus:
- September: Yacht Show, Welcome Party and Monte Carlo Gala,
- October: sports games,
- December: Christmas Score,
- January: cocktail parties, networking and rally in Monte Carlo,
- February: Institute Research Challenge,
- March: International Business Days,
- April: Alumni Webinar Series,
- May: Formula 1 Grand Prix, History Grand Prix study tour,
- June: Luxury Management students conduct travel seminars,
- July: Competition in Monaco, based on the protection of the environment and the ocean.
IUM promotes sports at the competitive, collegiate and amateur levels. Students can go into a variety of communities, from football and basketball to academic clubs. Among them:
- The Financial Society is the leading professional, public and academic organization of the university engaged in the financial services sector,
- Football club with weekly sessions and games in championships,
- The Motor Club is a community created on the basis of love for cars with engines of all kinds,
- Golf Club – Golf at the Monte Carlo Country Club,
- Karting club – weekly sessions and races,
- Arts & Culture Club – Fashion, Film, Photography, Design, Theatre & Writing,
- Charity Club – works together with local charity partners and participates in fundraising events,
- Esports club – various games for fun and at a competitive level in internal and external tournaments,
- Sailing Club – surfing for fun and competition. Weekly education takes place at the Monaco Yacht Club,
- Chess Club,
- Entrepreneurship Club – brings students together to receive inspiration, ideas and a network that will allow them to move along the path to success,
- Tennis Club – Training with other students at the Monte Carlo Country Club.
- More than 70 nationalities among students and teachers,
- Accreditation of AACSB, AMBA and the Principality of Monaco programs,
- Cooperation with universities in Canada, China, Japan, South Korea, Germany and other countries, local organizations.
Facilities and equipment at International University of Monaco, International University of Monaco
The IUM campus is located in Monaco, the Condamine district. The classrooms are equipped with modern equipment that contributes to intensive and effective learning, specialized laboratories and recreation areas are available to students.
How to get to campus:
- Motorway network - about 30 minutes from Nice airport on the A8 road,
- Train tracks - a two-minute walk from campus to Monaco/Monte Carlo station,
- Buses – 110 stops 200 meters from IUM,
- Flights – The nearest airport is in Nice, France.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year lasts from September to mid-July, in August students have holidays. Students study from Monday to Saturday in the morning and afternoon, then engage in individual projects or work in clubs.
- Off-campus accommodation and meals,
- Application fee – 80 €,
- Public transport — 22 € per bus, from 90 € per taxi,
- Books and consumables,
- Medical care and insurance,
- Personal expenses.
To enroll in programs at IUM, you must go through several stages:
- Fill out the registration form and upload the required documents,
- Pass an online interview with an admissions officer, an English proficiency test, if it is not passed in advance,
- Receive an invitation from the admissions committee within two weeks.
About 650 new students are enrolled in the university every year. This number has increased since 2010, in which only 300 applicants were admitted to the programs each year.
Graduates of IUM courses achieve incredible success and get a job within a few months after graduation. They move to other cities and countries, enrolling in universities and working in leading organizations in various fields. At the moment, university graduates live on five continents.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Prospective students of undergraduate programs must provide:
- Identity card
- Transcripts of the last two years of high school,
- Diploma of graduation,
- Passport-size photograph,
- The result of the TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge English language proficiency test.
Future masters must provide:
- Diploma of 3-4 years of undergraduate study, official transcripts,
- Motivation letter,
- Resume with personal achievements,
- Photocopy of passport or identity card,
- Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge).
To study for MBA programs, you will need:
- Bachelor's degree and official transcripts,
- At least three years of professional experience,
- Knowledge of English at a conversational level,
- Motivation letter,
- Letters of recommendation from supervisors and teachers.
For those who would like to take a DBA course, the following requirements are set:
- Proof of personal, professional and educational experience,
- Essay on motivation to study and research in the chosen field, clearly defined career goals,
- Bachelor's degree in any field and at least seven years of management experience OR master's degree in any field and a minimum of five years of management experience,
- Official transcripts,
- Two letters of recommendation,
- Certificate of English proficiency: TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge.
Scholarships International University of Monaco, International University of Monaco
The IUM Merit-Based Scholarship will be awarded to applicants who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement, leadership potential, and significant contributions to the life of the university.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about International University of Monaco, International University of Monaco
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.