International Space University
Description of International Space University
- Established: 1987
- Type: Private Nonprofit Higher Education Institution
- Location: Ilkirch-Graffenstaden, France
- Language of instruction: English.
International Space University (ISU) was founded in 1987 and is a higher educational institution in France. ISU alumni form an extremely effective network of space specialists and leaders, which actively promotes individual career growth, professional activities and international space cooperation. The educational institution offers its students a unique basic curriculum, covering all disciplines related to:
- space programs and enterprises
- space science
- space technology
- systems engineering
- space politics and law
- business and management
- space and society.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in International Space University
- The global networking capabilities and intensive teamwork at ISU give its diverse student body an edge in competitive and collaborative international space programs
- Each educational program includes an intensive student research project that provides international graduate students and young specialists in the field of space with the opportunity to solve complex problems, working together in an intercultural environment
- Since its founding in 1987, ISU has graduated more than 4,600 students from more than 105 countries.
Facilities and equipment at International Space University
ISU is located in Strasbourg, Alsace, northeastern France and borders the River Rhine in the east, the Vosges mountains in the west, the German Plain in the north and Belfort territory in the south.
The logistics of the university includes:
- Space Payload Laboratory (SPL)
- The reusable Excalibur Almaz (RVV Diamond), which is the Russian equivalent of the NASA spacecraft delivering astronauts from the International Space Station
- Terrestrial satellite station
- Laboratory of Physical Sciences
- Radio telescope observatory
- Workshop "MAKE-IT SPACE"
- The library.
Admission dates and extra charges
The cost of living in Ilkirsh-Graffenstaden = 629 € -1156 € / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university you must:
1. Submit an online application
2. Send documents in electronic form (* pdf):
- Education Documents
- Two letters of recommendation
- Certificate of English proficiency.
After receiving the documents, the applicant's application is sent for examination to the selection committee.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about International Space University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.