- Children's language camps in Switzerland - study and rest
- Leading language camps in Switzerland for children and youth
- Tuition fees in children's camps in Switzerland - prices, ratings, reviews
When choosing a country for educating a child abroad, thoughtful parents are guided at once by several factors, including the standard of living, safety, quality of education and the possibility of a good rest. Switzerland perfectly combines all these indicators. Among other countries in Europe, Switzerland is the only one where not one but several languages are offered for study. In addition to the linguistic diversity of language camps , there is a large selection of thematic courses - these are summer, adventure, sports, creative, vacation programs for children, schoolchildren and teenagers. International language camps in Switzerland perfectly combine a fun holiday with the study of a foreign language of choice.
Children's language camps in Switzerland - study and rest
When choosing a language camp in Switzerland, we recommend focusing on children's preferences and interests, as there are many options for selection. It can be a prestigious school with in-depth study of foreign languages or an elite camp with intensive sports activities (football, volleyball, rock climbing, snowboarding, swimming, etc.) or highly specialized camps related to fashion, design, painting, art history.
An important advantage when studying abroad is full immersion in the language environment, so it is better to choose such training camps where there are few Russian children. Every year in the Swiss language camps are trained several hundred schoolchildren, teenagers and students who come from countries around the world. Thus, an international environment is created that motivates the child to apply the knowledge gained in the lessons on the chosen language without resorting to native speech. This approach makes training effective, even if the period was not long - for example, 2 weeks.
The daily routine in the language camp of Switzerland looks something like this: before lunch, students devote time to academic studies. In the second half, the guys are engaged in the chosen thematic course (sports / creativity). If it does not exist, then schoolchildren can visit circles and sections on interests. Excursions are also an obligatory element of the curriculum - usually schools try to take students out of the campus on a weekly basis. In the evenings, students are waiting for rest and entertainment: discos, parties, movies or just talking with fellow students.
Leading language camps in Switzerland for children and youth
Several language camps that will perfectly suit Russian and foreign students for learning languages in Switzerland:
- Altitude International Summer Camps . The summer programs of the Altitude training center are designed for younger students - pupils from 3 to 14 years old are accepted here. Initially Altitude was based as a school of snowboarding and skiing. Over the years, the organization has expanded its functionality, so today you can learn French or English here. And you can do this in a variety of variations, as the range of training programs is quite wide: it can be an adventure camp for connoisseurs of walks, a day camp, a 24-hour camp, language courses for the youngest participants of 3-5 years, as well as family programs, including individual lessons for the chosen language and exciting leisure activities.
- Alpadia Ascona . This is one of the branches of the international training network, which is located in the Swiss city of Ascona. The language camp invites students of 13-17 years to choose one of the training courses in English or Italian with varying degrees of intensity. The classical program includes 20 academic hours per week, and the enhanced version - 25 hours per week, or it can be 20 language lessons + 5 hours of individual lessons. Classes one-on-one with the teacher help the student to better understand the material and understand complex topics.
- International Alpine School, Préfleuri. For more than 70 years the school has organized sports and health camps for Russian and foreign students from 3 to 14 years of age during the holidays - in winter and in summer. The campus of the language center is located in the Swiss Alps, near the famous resort of Villars-sur-Ollon. For study here two languages are offered - French and English . The camp is suitable for children with different levels of training: study at Préfleuri will be equally comfortable both for children with zero language knowledge, and for children already having a certain base. In addition to the academic program, the students of the school will have the opportunity daily to join a rich leisure program, including various types of physical activity.
- Village Camps. It is an international camp with over the years experience of working with children. In Village Camps pupils from 7 to 18 years can choose for themselves a variety of programs to their taste: language (English or French) combined with sports, cinema, tennis, dancing and so on. On the territory of Switzerland, the camp is located in an alpine village called Leisan. This is a great place with picturesque nature and fresh air. Accommodation of students is organized in the residence of the school, or in a hotel within walking distance from the campus, meals are included. Twice a week, excursions are organized for students, and entertainment events are held during the school week.
- Swiss Education Academy (SEA). Since Switzerland is a multilingual country, some language camps are ready to offer their students the study of not two but three foreign languages. In the case of SEA, it is English, French and German . Foreign and Russian pupils of 12-18 years can enter the camp. Swiss Education Academy is part of the educational group of the Swiss Education Group - it is the leader among the schools of education in the hotel business. The campus of the training center is located 30 minutes from Lake Geneva, has excellent infrastructure and equipment, wireless Internet throughout the perimeter and round-the-clock surveillance by the security service. Accommodation of students is organized in the hotel, meals are served in full board.
This is not all language schools and schools in Switzerland for children, schoolchildren and adolescents. Detailed information on the best language camps from the top list can be found on our website.
Tuition fees in children's camps in Switzerland - prices, ratings, reviews
The budget that will be required for a parent wishing to send his child to study in a language camp in Switzerland will depend on several factors: the time of year, the duration of the program, the type of residence, the location of the school and additional services (individual lessons, transfers, excursions, etc.). The standard duration for training in the language camp is 2 weeks, the cost of which will include food and accommodation, the training process itself, as well as leisure and entertainment activities. The average price for training is in the range of 1500 to 2500 Swiss francs. This figure does not include expenses such compulsory expenses of a foreign student as air tickets in both directions, insurance and visa registration, and pocket expenses.