Wismar University of Applied Sciences
Description of Wismar University of Applied Sciences
- Established: 1908
- Location: Wismar, Germany
- Language of instruction: German, English
- Number of students: 8000
- Type: state.
Hochschule Wismar is a state university, founded in 1908. Its main profile is the education of qualified specialists in the fields of technology, business and design.
Wismar University collaborates with leading laboratories and research centers in Germany and Europe, which gives students the opportunity to put their theoretical knowledge into practice and develop research activities.
In 2007, the university was reorganized: the curriculum was changed in accordance with modern requirements, several new buildings appeared, the list of available specialties was revised.
The main building of the school is located in Wismar, branches - in the city of Rostock and on the island of Poel.
Students whose language level is below the required are invited to take one-year courses.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Wismar University of Applied Sciences
- The university has existed for more than a hundred years - during this time he won the vocation of many European organizations
- The University Board is distinguished by modern views on the learning process
- The institution is part of the Association of European Universities
- Hochschule Wismar combines theory and practical skills
- The system of obtaining a double diploma at different faculties is widespread
- Students can receive full-time, part-time and distance education.
Facilities and equipment at Wismar University of Applied Sciences
In front of the main campus in Wismar, there is a grassy lawn - a favorite vacation spot for all students.
The campus consists of:
- Extensive library and reading room
- Sports complex with halls for playing basketball, football and volleyball
- Swimming pool
- Dining room with preferential prices
- Educational buildings with equipped classrooms
- A stationery store where students at discounted prices can purchase the necessary goods, print materials or make photocopies
- In walking distance there are banks, post offices and a pharmacy.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to become a student of Hochschule Wismar, an applicant must provide:
- Certificate of general secondary education or equivalent with translation into German
- Certificate confirming the language proficiency of the selected program
- Motivation letter.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Wismar University of Applied Sciences
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.