Hochschule Bremen University of Applied Sciences
Description of Hochschule Bremen University of Applied Sciences
- Established: 1982
- Type: State Higher Educational Institution
- Location: Bremen, Germany
- Number of students: 9000
- Language of instruction: German, English.
Hochschule Bremen (HSB) was founded in 1982 and is the highest public educational institution in Germany. The university is preparing bachelors and masters in such fields as engineering, natural sciences, economics and social sciences. The HSB structure complies with common international standards (the European credit transfer system ECTS), thereby offering attractive opportunities: individual components (modules) can be completed abroad. The university is a member of the European University Association, Global Education for European Engineers and Entrepreneurs (GE4) and UAS7.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Hochschule Bremen University of Applied Sciences
- HSB has 365 partnerships with educational institutions around the world.
- The university has international exchange programs and internships.
- HSB participates in the Deutschlandstipendium scholarship program supporting talented students.
Facilities and equipment at Hochschule Bremen University of Applied Sciences
The university is located in the north-west of Germany in the city of Bremen and includes its own library, sports infrastructure.
Admission dates and extra charges
The HSB has a two-semester school year.
- Semester fee = 378 € / semester
- Contribution to social services = 300 € / semester
- The cost of living in Bremen = 469 € -1046 € / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university you must:
- The presence of an entrance qualification (Certificate of General Higher Education (Abitur) / Vocational Diploma (Fachabitur) / equivalent)
- German language skills at C1 level (TestDaF 16)
- Knowledge of English at B2 level.
Additional admission requirements for each course are outlined in special information brochures available on the course page.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Hochschule Bremen University of Applied Sciences
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.