Hobart and William Smith Colleges
Description of Hobart and William Smith Colleges
Hobart and William Smith Colleges (abbreviated as HWS ) is a non-profit private institution of higher education in America that has been active in scientific and academic work since the beginning of the distant 1818. Currently, the university has a small university campus near the city of Geneva.
Hobart and William Smith Colleges is a small institution of higher education, as about 3,000 people study there annually. In parallel with this, the teaching is conducted by an excellent academic staff of real professionals. Students and teachers have access to various international exchange programs.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Hobart and William Smith Colleges
This is a higher education institution in Geneva, which with enviable stability is included in the list of TOP-5 best universities throughout the globe.
Facilities and equipment at Hobart and William Smith Colleges
Students have at their disposal a large scientific library of the university. Students can live on campus in a well-equipped modern dorm. Hobart and William Smith Colleges is considered an active member of an elite university association - "Sport affiliations: National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)".
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The main indicator to which the selection committee draws attention when recruiting students is the past academic performance of each applicant. Not only local residents, but also visitors from different countries can submit documents to the commission. As the statistics of recent years shows, about 60 percent of applicants receive as a result a positive decision on enrollment in the first year. In any case, all information should be checked and clarified when planning admission to the university through the official website. Each academic year at the university HWS is traditionally divided into two classical semesters.
Tuition fees at Hobart and William Smith Colleges
Studying undergraduate programs at HWS cannot be called cheap pleasure, since the cost is 20,000 USD per year. Those who wish to get an education in the master's programs at this university should rely on costs of $ 20,000 per year of study. Given the high price of tuition, students can participate in scholarship programs. On the official website of the university ( http://www.hws.edu ) you can find more detailed information on the cost of programs, depending on the field of study.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Hobart and William Smith Colleges
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.