Hanze University of Applied Sciences
Description of Hanze University of Applied Sciences
- Founded: 1798
- Location: Groningen, Netherlands
- Number of students: about 27,000
- Rating in the country: 23
- Language of instruction: English.
Hanze University of Applied Sciences (Hanze University of Applied Sciences) is one of the largest and oldest universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands. Both residents of the country and a large number of foreigners are trained here. The university offers many educational programs of undergraduate and graduate programs: business, economics, technology, humanities and social sciences, tourism, design, music, painting, etc. The University has unique training programs in the fields of modern energy sources, sensory systems, physiotherapy and environmentally friendly technologies.
Hanse Language Center
- Age: 17+
- Duration: 7-8 weeks
- Cost: 140 € / course.
Students of Hanse University have the opportunity to study the following foreign languages:
Language learning is divided into 4 parts, by the end of the course students will have an A2-B1 level (that is, an average language level that will be enough to understand simple dialogs and maintain a conversation). The program aims to train both written and oral skills.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Hanze University of Applied Sciences
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university does not have its own hostels, but the International Student Department provides students with assistance in finding housing. You can rent a room for a short period (up to 1 year) in a special Housing Association, later this same association helps to find your own housing. Living expenses are approximately 350 € per month.
activity Hanze University of Applied Sciences
ALCO Student Sports Association regularly organizes various sports events: competitions and tournaments.
- An individual approach to each student, assistance in any matters throughout the training
- Small number of people in groups
- The ability to put knowledge into practice
- A variety of scientific research
- Collaboration with large companies around the world, the opportunity to take internships.
Facilities and equipment at Hanze University of Applied Sciences
The campus of Hanse University of Applied Sciences is considered the best in the Netherlands: all university buildings have modern equipment, and digital communications are actively used in the learning process. Using the Internet network in the territory, students have access to all the information necessary for study, communicate with each other and with teachers in the process of various projects. There is a library at the university where you can find textbooks, relevant magazines and reference books, audio and video materials, and there is space for sports.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the university begins on September 1.
Students from the EU must apply no later than August 15, students from outside the EU by June 1.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to enter Hanse University of Applied Sciences, applicants must provide a certificate of secondary education and confirm their knowledge of the English language with a certificate (IELTS 5.5).
Scholarships Hanze University of Applied Sciences
Non-EU students are eligible for a Hansea scholarship starting from the 1st course - its size is 3500 €. After the successful completion of the 1st course, students can apply for a 100% scholarship, which will fully cover the costs of 2-4 courses, but each year students must confirm the right to it by receiving high marks.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Hanze University of Applied Sciences
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.