Gulf Medical University
Description of Gulf Medical University
- Established: 1998
- Type: private higher education institution
- Location: Ajman, UAE
- Language of instruction: English.
Gulf Medical University (GMU) was founded in 1998 and is one of the first private medical universities in the Middle East region. GMU is owned by Thumbay Group, a diversified international business conglomerate.
The university offers educational programs in the field of medicine, physiotherapy, dentistry and pharmacy.
Gulf Medical University is part of the following associations:
- Association of Arab Universities (AARU)
- Association of Universities of Asia and the Pacific (AUAP)
- Eurasian Universities Union (EURAS)
- Institute of International Education (IIE)
- UNIMED - Mediterranean Universities Union and others.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Gulf Medical University
Accommodation, meals, prices
GMU provides the opportunity to live in a hostel.
- Gulf Medical University is in the top 20 of the best universities in the country
- GMU provides financial assistance to students
- The educational institution offers international exchange programs for both students and faculty
- The university successfully operates a unique initiative by GMU Startup Lab, which allows students and graduates to translate their business ideas into reality.
Facilities and equipment at Gulf Medical University
The educational institution is located in the Al-Jurf district in the northern emirate of Ajman. The material and technical base of the university includes:
- Training classes
- Multimedia centers
- The hospital
- Research Center
- The library
- Sports complex
- Free areas for the future multidisciplinary hospital.
Admission dates and extra charges
The university has a two-semester academic year. Classes begin in the last week of August or the first week of September.
- Application Fee = 200AED
- The cost of living in Ajman = 1142 $ -1795 $ / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university, you must submit an online application, pass the entrance exams, pass an interview and provide the following documents:
- Diploma (corresponding to the selected program) + transcripts
- Certificate of English Proficiency TOEFL / IELTS / EmS AT / equivalent
- Passport copy with valid visa / Emirates ID
- 5 passport size photographs
- Two letters of recommendation (magistracy)
- Resume (magistracy).
Depending on the selected program, additional documents may be required.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Gulf Medical University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.