Gulf College is one of the leading higher education institutions in Oman.
The university regularly participates in the international student exchange program and provides an opportunity to take internships in international companies. The teaching staff of the university includes approximately 300 experienced specialists.
The college is sensitive to the health of students: a medical worker works in the territory and all students are informed about the work of the medical clinic.
Students have the opportunity to receive financial support from the university.
The preparatory program is designed for those students who want to improve their English and prepare for university studies. To enter this program, students pass 3 entrance exams: English, mathematics and information technology.
The main goal of the program is to increase communication and presentation skills in English, to increase creative and inventive abilities. After the end of this program, students are fluent in English and are ready to study at the university and professional activities.
Undergraduate students study in 5 programs:
The main focus in the learning process is given to communicative, technical, analytical and mathematical skills, and all knowledge is regularly applied in practice.
Students are given the opportunity to study on an MBA program (business administration). In the process of training, students strengthen ties with employers so that in the future there are no problems with employment. Graduate graduates possess deep theoretical knowledge and have sufficient work experience, which attracts employers from leading companies around the world.
Students can rent their own 1-2 room apartments or rent a separate room in the apartment.
The university building covers a large territory and has 4 floors. The campus has its own library, several gyms, a playground, a conference room, cafeterias and a restaurant. Students also have at their disposal modernly equipped classrooms and lecture halls, laboratories and a parking lot, and wireless Internet is available.
During breaks between classes, students can take a walk in the garden or in the open Roman theater.
The school year is divided into 2 academic semesters.
To enter the university, applicants must provide a certificate of secondary general education (bachelor's degree) or a diploma of higher education (master's program). Additionally, entrance exams are required.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.