Description of Gulf College
- Founded: 1990
- Location: Muscat, Oman
- Number of students: about 5,000
- Rating in the country: 13
- Language of instruction: English.
Gulf College is one of the leading higher education institutions in Oman.
The university regularly participates in the international student exchange program and provides an opportunity to take internships in international companies. The teaching staff of the university includes approximately 300 experienced specialists.
The college is sensitive to the health of students: a medical worker works in the territory and all students are informed about the work of the medical clinic.
Students have the opportunity to receive financial support from the university.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Gulf College
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students can rent their own 1-2 room apartments or rent a separate room in the apartment.
- The cost of living depends on the selected conditions and is approximately $ 330-770 per month.
- On average, about 200-300 euros are spent on food, depending on the selected products and the establishments visited.
Facilities and equipment at Gulf College
The university building covers a large territory and has 4 floors. The campus has its own library, several gyms, a playground, a conference room, cafeterias and a restaurant. Students also have at their disposal modernly equipped classrooms and lecture halls, laboratories and a parking lot, and wireless Internet is available.
During breaks between classes, students can take a walk in the garden or in the open Roman theater.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school year is divided into 2 academic semesters.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university, applicants must provide a certificate of secondary general education (bachelor's degree) or a diploma of higher education (master's program). Additionally, entrance exams are required.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Gulf College
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.