Georgetown University Summer academy camp
Description of Georgetown University Summer academy camp
- Founded: in 1789
- Location: Washington, USA
- Age of students: from 14 to 18 years
- Type of studying: mixed
- Type of accommodation: full board
- Language learning: English.
Georgetown University is known worldwide for the success of its students in international relations, politics and law (among its graduates is American President Bill Clinton, actor Bradley Cooper, Crown Prince of Spain).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Georgetown University Summer academy camp
Accommodation, meals, prices
The payment for the summer school program includes accommodation and meals on campus.
All students of the summer school of Georgetown University Summer accommodate in the hostel of C Residence Hall:
- The curator, who also lives in the residence, will help to solve any question 24/7;
- Double rooms with private bathrooms
- Each living room is equipped with air conditioning, a bed with pillows and a blanket, a wardrobe, a desk and Wi-Fi.
- The building has rooms for games and recreation, the office of the summer school Summer Discovery, paid laundry.
Full board includes two daily meals in the O'Donovan Dining Hall:
- Usefulness: salads, hot, desserts, pizza;
- Portion size is not limited;
- There is a vegetarian and diet menu.
Activities Georgetown University Summer academy camp
The payment for the program of the summer school of Georgetown University Summer includes:
- Free access to on-campus studying and sports
- Afternoon and evening activities
- Weekend trips.
Sports available for high school students:
Entertainment activities of the summer school:
- Talent show
- Karaoke nights
- Visit to Six Flags America Amusement Park
- Acquaintance with exhibitions of 14 museums of Washington
- Visiting the National Aquarium, IMAX Planetarium, Science Center
- Trip to the zoo, Kennedy Center for the Arts, Holocaust Memorial Center
- Tours of the Library of Congress and the US Supreme Court building.
- High level of security: rooms and attendance of classes are checked daily;
- Allowed to walk in small groups near the campus;
- Summer school curator accompanies high school students during medical visits;
- The university is in the top 20 most prestigious universities in the United States.
Facilities and equipment at Georgetown University Summer academy camp
The campus of Georgetown University has:
- Educational buildings
- O'Donovan Dining Hall
- Sports center Yates Field House
- Georgetown University Medical Center
- indoor tennis courts
- Stadium and treadmill with special coating
- Basketball courts
- Fields for various sports.
Admission dates and extra charges
The summer school is opened from June 30 to July 26, you can choose one of three duration:
- 4 weeks (June 30 - July 26)
- 2 weeks (June 30 - July 12)
- 2 weeks (July 14 - July 26).
Tuition at Georgetown University summer camp depends on the duration of the course and the number of trips included in the program.
It is important to consider additional costs:
- Payment for application
- Air flight
- Transfer from / to the airport
- Student ID registration
- Course materials and course supplements
- Medical service
- Off-campus meals, personal expenses, shopping.
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 100 USD
- Transfer (one way) 75 USD
- Study materials 95 USD
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
There are no specific requirements for applicants English proficiency.
Required for admission to:
- Have an open US visa for the entire period of study (Georgetown University Summer provides the official invitation to study)
- Settle down and leave the residence strictly on the days of the start and end of the studying, otherwise living on campus will be impossible.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Georgetown University Summer academy camp
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.