Fieldstone Day private School
Description of Fieldstone Day private School
- Year of foundation: 1997
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- Language of instruction: English
- Number of students: 300 people
- Age of students: 6-18 years
- Type of education: day school of mixed type.
Fieldstone Day School was founded in 1997 and originates from a class of 8 students located in the basement in downtown Toronto. Since that time, the founders sought to build a school that exceeded the expectations of students and parents that meet international educational needs. The pedagogical approach is based on the work of E. D. Hirsch, an American pedagogue who supports cultural literacy, who paid special attention to acquiring key academic knowledge that gives students access to various educational institutions.
Today, the Fieldstone Day School offers students an education that meets global academic standards, designed to develop a conscious curiosity, a continued interest in learning. The academic achievements obtained in the framework of the well-thought out curriculum of the University of Cambridge, prepare students for successful admission, classes, employment in a rapidly changing modern world.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Fieldstone Day private School
Accommodation, meals, prices
Fieldstone Homestay Services is committed to supporting international students who come to study abroad and offers them homestay accommodation, which allows them to hone their language skills in a safe, caring and hospitable environment. The homestay program is designed to provide pupils with support that will help them to develop life skills, to be independent, confident, and open to new discoveries.
Families provide students with:
- Separate furnished rooms with working area
- Bedding and towels
- Three meals a day
- Access to laundry
- Phone access for local calls
- Television and high speed internet.
The school works with the catering service Lotus Healthy Food Inc., which offers quality and nutritious food every day. A flexible approach to the menu allows you to use the dining room as often as students want.
Activities Fieldstone Day private School
The school offers students a variety of opportunities to expand the experience gained in the classroom. The small community is based on the values of participation, inclusion, non-competitive approach to joint activities. Fieldstone is actively developing athletics - school clubs offer classes in the following sports:
- Hockey with a ball
- Alpine skiing / snowboarding
Fieldstone's individual extracurricular experience encompasses academic, cultural, and social areas of study, music, and acting.
The Fieldstone School is firmly established in leadership positions in Canada’s primary and secondary education. The junior school provides students with a caring environment and a balanced curriculum. Graduates of high school enter leading universities in Canada and foreign universities. Fieldstone offers a global perspective curriculum, Cambridge courses, GCSE, A-Level programs for students from first through twelfth grade.
One of the tasks of Fieldstone is to associate volunteer projects with studying, to develop students' skills in planning and performing a wide range of tasks. The school offers pupils projects such as making toys for patients at the cardiac surgery department, helping the older members of the School Me to We club, and organizing holidays for the poor.
Facilities and equipment at Fieldstone Day private School
The small school is located on a 6.5 acre site in downtown Toronto. Thanks to the convenient location, students have access to numerous sights, cafes, shops. The campus accommodates classrooms, sports facilities and recreational areas. Modern spacious classrooms, laboratories, art studios, gymnasiums and a dining room occupy the central three-story building.
The Fieldstone Day School building is surrounded by a courtyard with an amphitheater located in it, surrounded by a garden with a variety of trees. In the warm season, the garden often becomes a venue for lessons.
The school has playgrounds, sports fields, outdoor recreation areas.
Admission dates and extra charges
- Registration fee for new students
- Payment for textbooks, use of resources
- Activity fee.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Step 1. Fill out an application and send it before the beginning of the school year.
Step 2. Attach the following documents to the application
- Application fee
- Copies of school reports for the last two years
- Copies of any professional academic and / or psychological assessments
- Copies of documents confirming awards for academic, extracurricular achievements
- Photo of the applicant
- Copy of the passport
- Officially certified vaccination information.
Step 3. Send the package from the application by mail.
Step 4. After receiving the letter of admission, the student, parent, guardian or agent must confirm the registration by sending a full tuition fee and registration agreement before the date specified in the letter of enrollment.
Step 5. Apply for a study permit to the Embassy of Canada.
Scholarships Fieldstone Day private School
Families wishing to apply for financial assistance can do so through the service provided by Apple Financial Services.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Fieldstone Day private School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.