Switzerland is a progressive rich country that annually invites students from all over the world to its universities. For international students, the country offers a huge number of multidisciplinary programs.
To get bachelor's degree, foreign students will need:
- Unified examination held in Fribourg. It consists of five parts and takes place twice a year.
- Language certificate of knowledge of one of three languages - German, French or Italian. For example, a certificate of knowledge of the English language TOEFL 60-65 points or IELTS with results from 6.0.
- Letters of recommendation from teachers.
- Portfolio of achievements, motivation letter.
For master's degree there are the following requirements:
- Completed application for admission to the university (questionnaire)
- Essay and motivation letter
- Diploma of previous higher education
- Standardized tests – GMAT, GRE
- Certificates of proficiency in languages - English and one of the listed: French, German, Italian
- Entrance exams
- Letters of recommendation from teachers and employers
- Resume, portfolio of achievements
- Personal characteristics.
Some Swiss universities offer future students to take pre-bachelor and pre-master programs. Such annual courses are usually aimed at learning a language and certain mathematical or professional disciplines. In private universities, such a Foundation Year is sometimes a mandatory part of the curriculum for foreigners. If you show a high level of knowledge at the entrance exams, it is possible to reduce the duration of studying.
The best preparation for a Swiss university will be the passage of one of the international high school programs - Swiss national, British, French, German, Italian or American. Some of them are taught in major cities of Russia and the CIS.
In addition, foreign students will require:
- Completed application form — 3 pieces
- Passport valid for at least 3 months at the end of chosen program, as well as 2 copies of the page with a photo
- Copies of the last 2 Schengen visas
- 4 photos measuring 3.5x by 4.5 cm
- Confirmation of university enrolment
- Receipt of tuition fees and 2 copies
- Bank statement
- Signed commitment to leave Switzerland after graduation.
Main reasons to study in Switzerland for international students
- The best universities and diplomas that are quoted all over the world
- Possibility to learn an additional 1-2 languages
- Comfortable conditions for living and studying
- Safety and high standard of living
- A large number of multidisciplinary universities
- Possibility of taking courses and summer programs
- Exchange and internship programs in large companies.
- Excellent technical equipment of universities
- Variety of teaching methods – lectures, seminars, group assignments, presentations, research, experiments, speeches
- Paid internship.