Technical University of Applied Sciences Vienna
Description of Technical University of Applied Sciences Vienna
• Foundation: 1994
• Abbreviation: UAS Technikum Wien
• Status: state
• Location: Vienna, Austria
• Age: from 18 years
• Accommodation: residence
• Language of instruction: German, English.
Fachhochschule Technikum Wien - Austria's first university of applied sciences was founded as an institution of secondary vocational education, and in 2001 received university status. The specialization of UAS Technikum Wien is technology: the emphasis is on the graduation of engineering specialists who are completely ready to work in production.
Despite the practical focus of UAS Technikum Wien, the university conducts scientific developments in the areas of study: embedded and cyber-physical systems, renewable urban energy systems, security, e-health and mobility, tissue engineering and molecular biology technologies, automation and robotics.
• 4400 students
• 12 undergraduate programs
• 18 graduate programs
• 6 areas of research activities.
The main directions:
• Advanced engineering technology
• Applied Mathematics and Science
• Entrepreneurship and communications
• IT technology
• Embedded systems
• Renewable energy.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Technical University of Applied Sciences Vienna
Accommodation, meals, prices
Cost of living = 260 € -500 €, meals - from 370 € per month.
• Fachhochschule Technikum Wien provides a European-level engineering education relevant to the advanced production of a developed economy
• With a UAS Technikum Wien diploma, you can find work anywhere in the world
• Low tuition fees for Europe
• The participation of students in scientific projects contributes to the deep assimilation of the specifics of the subject
• The latest equipment for the educational process and laboratories
• Training programs reflect the latest trends in the engineering industry and production management
• Training programs in 2 languages: German and English
• The university has created conditions for the study of students with disabilities
• UAS Technikum Wien is a member of the European University Association (EUA) and a partner of FEEL - the Association of the Electrical and Electronic Industry
• Geographical location: Vienna, capital of Austria, European tourist center.
Facilities and equipment at Technical University of Applied Sciences Vienna
The university campus is located in the 20th district of Vienna, next to it are public transport stops. Well-equipped classrooms, computer labs, laboratories are located in a new modern building, where all safety measures for the health of students are taken.
University students are offered a choice of more than 10 hostels, which are located near the UAS Technikum Wien. Comfortable, bright rooms, fully furnished, including kitchen and bathroom.
There is a library on the campus for students and teachers, there are cafes and recreation areas.
For study, students use the CIS information system: all timetables, training information, assignments, grades, documents, e-mail, university news and communication with the university administration. The technical university has its own radio - Radio Technikum Wien ..
Students and staff are provided with sports facilities to maintain good physical fitness and mood.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year is divided into 2 semesters, starting in early October.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
1. Results of the Austrian high school final exams / certificate of certification for professional certification
2. In the absence of Austrian diplomas - a foreign certificate that has passed nostrification (confirmation of compliance of the training content with the Austrian analogue) or a certificate of completion of at least 3 years in a recognized Austrian or foreign university
3. Certificate of English or German at B2 level (applicants who graduated from a school or university in the language of instruction are exempt from providing the certificate)
4. For admission to a master’s degree, a bachelor’s diploma at a recognized Austrian or foreign educational institution is provided
5. All documents must be translated into German or English and officially certified.
If the nostrification has not passed completely, but the training in the main volume coincides, the university administration can accept the applicant with the condition of passing additional exams.
Scholarships Technical University of Applied Sciences Vienna
Successful students can apply for scholarships and grants from the university and other organizations.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Technical University of Applied Sciences Vienna
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.