Embassy Summer Royal Alexandra and Albert School
Description of Embassy Summer Royal Alexandra and Albert School
- Location: Gatton Park, Surrey, England
- Year of foundation: 1758
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of eduaction: mixed.
Royal Alexandra and Albert School is a Christian boarding school. In the summer, classes of a language school are organized on its territory in Gatton Park, where students from 8 to 17 years old study.
Embassy Summer programs are recognized world leaders in the field of learning English and French for younger students. The courses are designed in such a way that students receive not only the highest quality knowledge, but also usefully use their free time. Throughout their stay in the center, students are surrounded by support and care from highly qualified teachers, mentors. Teachers participate not only in the educational life of students, but also accompany them on excursions, events.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Embassy Summer Royal Alexandra and Albert School
Accommodation, meals, prices
The Royal Alexandra and Albert School provides accommodation on campus. This approach allows students to have time for classes, learn the culture of different nationalities, practice their knowledge of the language.
For accommodation prepared:
- Multi-bed rooms for 2-6 people with large bathroom, toilet
- Double rooms with private bathroom in a separate room.
All living areas are fully furnished. Outside their bedrooms, students can spend time in the common rooms, where there are TVs, table tennis. Wi-Fi is available throughout the campus. Cleaning of the premises, provision of bed linen occur weekly, and free laundries are also equipped.
Students can eat in the canteens on campus, where various sets of dishes, including dietary ones, are offered. Breakfast is usually served continental dishes, fruit, toast, coffee. For lunch and dinner, students can choose two dishes from three options, including vegetarian cuisine. Snacks and drinks are available at a small shop on campus. On weekends, students receive packed lunches.
Activities Embassy Summer Royal Alexandra and Albert School
The summer school pays great attention not only to the study of languages, but also to the comprehensive development of its students. The program includes many activities:
- Hiking, barbecue on the beach
- Competitions in swimming, football, mini-Olympic Games, etc.
- Half- or full-day excursions
- Theatre workshops
- Environmental actions: garbage collection, plant care
- Themed discos, talent shows
- Team intellectual games.
- Half-day trips include exploring Kew Gardens, Hampton Court Palace, Rochester Cathedral, and local Redhill attractions.
- Full-day excursions – trips to London, Brighton, Oxford. Students will be able to see world-famous sights: the National Gallery, the British Museum, the Center for Marine Life, the campus of Oxford University and much more.
- Additional excursions include thorpe Park extreme attractions, a day of fun at LegoLand, a zoo and a water park at Chessington World of Adventure.
Extracurricular activities allow students to develop and practice their language skills.
For new students on the first evening, a welcome event is held, where beginners can get acquainted with students, teachers, explore the campus, get acquainted with the rules, schedule
- Embassy has 18 year schools in four countries
- More than 40 years of teaching students
- 99% of positive reviews from graduates
- International students from more than 85 countries
- ST Star Award, British Youth Travel Awards for Best Educational Product
- Student-to-teacher ratio – 10:1
- Round-the-clock support of mentors.
Facilities and equipment at Embassy Summer Royal Alexandra and Albert School
The Language Centre is located on the grounds of the Royal Alexandra and Albert School in Gatton Park– about an hour's drive from central London, close to London Gatwick Airport.
The land is part of a 450-acre country estate. Educational buildings, many open recreation areas in the middle of a beautiful park are built on it. All students have access to sports facilities: games and gyms, indoor swimming pool, tennis court, football and basketball courts. The campus is absolutely safe for students: the groups are constantly monitored, the territory is equipped with video surveillance, the entrances are controlled by access cards.
Admission dates and extra charges
The education takes place from July 10 to August 7. Students' schedule includes:
- Language Lessons
- Trips, walking tours
- School Meetings
- Themed discos, karaoke evenings.
Only English is studied at the Royal Alexandra and Albert School – 20 lessons of 45 minutes per week in the morning and afternoon. The number of students in the class does not exceed 17 people: groups are compiled taking into account the level of knowledge, include all the necessary materials, based on communication skills. At the end of the course, the student is awarded a certificate.
The price includes payment for the program, accommodation and meals, excursions (except for additional), activities.
Additional costs include transfer to and from the airport. Price per trip:
- Heathrow – 104£
- Gatwick – 72£
- Luton – 142£
- Stansted – 156£
- London City – 128£.
Other additional costs:
- Deposit on arrival – 30£
- Registration fee of £100
- Health insurance – £10
- The fee for unaccompanied minor students travelling by plane is £45 one way.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
All applicants take the entrance test on the first day after arrival. With it, the school determines the level of knowledge of the language in order to add the future student to the class suitable for him.
To travel to England, the applicant will need:
- Student visa/residence permit
- Bank account/cash in local currency
- Mobile SIM card of local telecom operators
- Health insurance.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Embassy Summer Royal Alexandra and Albert School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.