Description of Domain Academy
- Location: Mosta, Malta
- Language of instruction: English
- Type: mixed.
Domain Academy is Malta's leading higher education institution, preparing local and international students in bachelor's, master's and short courses.
This institution is part of the Domain Group , a prestigious licensed English language school in Malta. Despite the fact that english is spoken here by almost all locals and vacationers, it is still foreign.
Domain Academy teaches internationally accredited programs created in partnership with Pearson, the Universities of Derby and Hertfordshire.
Faculties and colleges
Areas of study:
- Business, Management
- Informatics, ICT
- Tourism, hospitality
- Medicine, health
- Human Resources
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Domain Academy
Accommodation, meals, prices
There are no residential buildings on campus, however, the staff of the institution can help in finding housing. Most often provided:
- Host families: accommodation in single or dormitory rooms in houses located within walking distance of campus.
- Apartments in different price ranges: several rooms, kitchen, shower and toilet.
- Hotels in Kaura, Bugibbe: rooms with all amenities, access to the beach. Guests can use the entire infrastructure of hotels, including swimming pools, recreation areas, sports facilities. This type of accommodation provides included in the price three meals a day in the restaurant.
Activities Domain Academy
Domain Academy regularly organises tourist excursions to malta's attractions and natural beauties. They are especially interesting for foreign students, and local students willingly attend environmental master classes, history lectures or charity events.
- One of the best universities in Malta.
- Logistical support for international students.
- Assistance in obtaining or extending a student visa, residence permit.
- Partnership with Pearson, the Universities of Derby and Hertfordshire.
Facilities and equipment at Domain Academy
The campus of the university is located in Most and is a three-story building built in 2009. Here are equipped:
- 14 classrooms, six of which are computer labs,
- Two lecture halls with equipment for presentations, group projects,
- Library with access to online resources,
- Relaxation area with vending machines, outdoor terrace,
- Parking with installations for charging cars,
- Administrative offices.
The building is prepared for teaching students with disabilities: elevators, help buttons, colored and tactile signs, toilets and much more are equipped.
Free Wi-Fi is available throughout.
The staff assists international students in many ways:
- Search for Malta accommodation,
- Assistance in extending a visa, residence permit,
- Meeting at the international airport,
- Excursions and activities,
- Emergency assistance.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the university lasts from autumn to early summer, divided into two semesters. You can study at all programs both on an ongoing basis and on an individually developed schedule, if the student works. Short-term courses can be taken online.
All necessary fees are already included in the program price. Additional costs:
- Accommodation, meals,
- Transport, parking,
- Medical insurance,
- Books, consumables as needed,
- Personal spending.
For admission to the Domain Academy, you must apply online or in person at the admissions office, provide the necessary documents, and pass an interview.
97% of applicants are enrolled in the selected programs.
After completing the program, graduates can apply for further study at partner universities or other universities in the USA, Great Britain and the world. Bachelor's and Master's programs are accredited by an international association, so they are valid in any country.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Students over the age of 16 are accepted for bachelor's programs, for master's courses - over 21 years old.
For admission to undergraduate programs, you must provide:
- Previous education not lower than A-Level level,
- The result of the IELTS English language test is not lower than 5.5 points.
Future masters need to have:
- Diploma with honors (not lower than 2.2 points) or work experience in the chosen discipline for at least two to three years,
- The result of the IELTS English language test is not lower than 6.0.
To study in Malta, foreign applicants will need:
- Valid passport
- Student Visa/Residence Permit
- Health Insurance
- Bank account.
Scholarships Domain Academy
Upon successful completion of the course, the student has the opportunity to return up to 70% of its cost by submitting an appropriate application to the administrative office of the institution.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Domain Academy
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.