The ideal program for modern, advanced, ambitious university entrants is offered by the prestigious Canadian Vancouver Film School. The annual Digital Design course is able to open doors to the best world corporations and companies: it is an opportunity to fully demonstrate their talents and abilities, master many sought-after specialties and become a real professional! The program in VFS has been taught since 1994, which makes it possible to talk about the proven methodologies, the great experience of the teacher, the highest quality of teaching.
From the first day students immerse themselves in the world of digital industry and design. The subjects of the classes cover all the necessary aspects, subtleties of the profession, key techniques and techniques of work:
- various types of design: motion, communicative, interactive
- Features of work and interaction with different customers, focus on results
- work with color and composition
- animated graphics
- parsing user interfaces
- work with the best applications and software: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere, Maxon Cinema 4D, HTML + CSS
- typography and illustrations, a combination of them with digital technologies
- work with 3D techniques
- audio and video formats.
Each student chooses for himself 1 priority and several additional specializations: it is for them that he works most of the time, including a major graduating project, which is presented to the remaining students and the commission of professionals. The program is headed by Louise. He is a well-known specialist in project management, a producer of large interactive digital companies. Work and training is conducted on the basis of the ultramodern large VFS campus - there is exactly everything you can need: from equipment and latest software to demo rooms, demo studios and hromakey pavilions.
With VFS the best companies of the whole world work - graduates find work in such giants as:
- Blast Radius
- Ayogo Games
- World Famous
- Noise Digital
- Cossette / Dare
- Habanero Consulting
- Critical Mass
- Digital Kitchen
- Tribal DDB
- Leo Burnett
- Engine Digital
- The Sequence Group
- Switch United
- FCV Interactive
- Gray Advertising
- Frog Design
- Giant ant
- Goldtooth Creative.
Information for the entrants:
- Duration: 1 year. Weekly - 30 hours of work with the teacher and 20-30 hours of self-study
- Beginning of studies: January, May, September (for exact dates you can check with your manager)
- More than 33 (!) Major events every year
- About 5 projects per year
- Each student who graduated from the program receives a prestigious diploma ("Digital design"), a personal portfolio with the best works + access to a unique VFS vacancy fair.
Applicants are advised to collect a portfolio of the best works (up to 12 pages) before going through a personal interview: they can be a variety of digital works - drawings, photographs, interactive design, audio and video files.