Daegu International Private School
Description of Daegu International Private School
- Established: 2010
- Location: Daegu, South Korea
- Students age: 6-17
- Type of training: blended
- Form of study: full board, day school
- Type of accommodation: residence
- Language of instruction: English.
Daegu International School is a private school in the Republic of Korea, accredited by national and American organizations. At DIS, students receive a classic American education with a focus on global issues.
- International teaching staff - qualified foreign teachers from the USA and Europe
- 70% of teachers have masters or PhD degrees
- Classic American Learning Model
- 12 courses on the sophisticated program of American standards Advanced Placement
- One of the most prestigious AP Capstone programs at school
- The school has 305 students: 78% of them are Korean students, 12% are foreigners and 10% are Americans. Children from 14 countries study at the school, including from Australia, Canada, India, Japan, China, Vietnam, USA
- The ratio of the number of students per teacher is 15 to 1.
The school has licenses:
- Korean Ministry of Education
- US Department of Education
- Associations Lee Academy
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
The Korean school has a partnership with Lee Academy , thanks to which Daegu International School graduates receive secondary education diplomas from two organizations - Daegu International School and Lee Academy.
Daegu International School took the American educational system as the basis of its methodology. The curriculum and extracurricular activities are aimed at high-quality preparation of schoolchildren for further studies at universities. Progressive teaching principles allow the school to prepare students in the best way who confidently enter the best universities in the world.
100% of graduates entered prestigious higher education institutions, including:
- Brown university
- Columbia university
- Dartmouth university
- New york university
- University of Pennsylvania
- Waseda university
- Ewha womans university
- University of oxford
- University of Edinburgh.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Daegu International Private School
Accommodation, meals, prices
The residence located on the school grounds is a modern five-story complex with 60 comfortable rooms, lounge areas, game rooms, kitchens and a fitness center.
Activities Daegu International Private School
DIS carefully draws up a program of extracurricular activities for the diverse development of children. She finds a balance between in-depth study of priority subjects, sports, creativity and the development of social skills.
- Sports sections: basketball, cross-country, volleyball, badminton, cheerleading, fitness, tennis, ping pong, golf, hockey, ballet
- Activities developing academic and social skills: DECA, Global Issues Network, Mathematics Olympiad, self-government, science club, experimental club, oratory, TED, global education, Youth Leadership Program, Amnesty International, foreign languages
- Creative groups: theater, music, drawing, photography, dancing, cooking school, rock band, journalism.
Facilities and equipment at Daegu International Private School
Modern equipment allows students to get the most out of their education in an elite private school:
- 40 modern classes that are equipped with the latest technology, including smart boards, projectors, Apple computers , iPads , 3 D printers, robotics programs
- Computer lab
- Science lab
- Film Studio
- Concert hall
- Outdoor tennis court
- 2 basketball courts
- 2 playing fields
- 2 libraries
- Art Design Studios
- Dance studios
- School of Music.
Admission dates and extra charges
- 1st semester: August-December
- 2 semester: January-May.
The list of additional costs:
- Non-refundable application review fee = 250,000 ₩
- Non-refundable entry fee = 3,000,000 ₩
- Food = about 900,000 ₩
- School bus = 2,400,000 ₩
- Residence residence ( Grades 3-5) + food package = 8 200 000 ₩
- Alumni Contribution ( Grade 12 ) = 500,000 ₩ .
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The school accepts students, taking into account academic performance, personal qualities, entrance exam results and recommendations.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Daegu International Private School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.