* Cyprus College
Description of Cyprus College
- Established: 1961
- Number of students: 3,500
- Language of instruction: English, Greek
- Type: private.
Cyprus College was founded in 1961. The main goal is to provide a sufficient level of education in the field of business administration, but over time, the needs of students grew, and other programs were gradually added.
The institution is accredited by the Association of Private Colleges of Cyprus, which gives it the right to award the qualifications ACCA, ICAEW, CAT, DiplFR and CFA. Curricula are designed in such a way that students have time both for educational activities and for leisure.
The main objective of Cyprus College is the development of harmonious, creative, intellectual and responsible citizens. A large role is assigned to the future employment of students: from the first year, representatives of leading organizations of Cyprus are invited to meet with students.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Cyprus College
Accommodation, meals, prices
The provision of a dormitory on campus depends on the student's course. Necessarily a place is provided to freshmen. Senior students tend to prefer housing in the city.
The houses for living are called “Ideal Home”, “House of Harmony” and “House of Calm”. Students have at their disposal double accommodation options, equipped kitchens, elevators, parking lots, necessary furniture, free internet, air conditioning.
International students can get help from Cyprus College real estate agencies in finding apartments for rent with a capacity of four people.
- The college is located on the territory of the European University of Cyprus, which allows students to participate directly in the life of the university
- Opportunity to continue education at the University of Cyprus under the undergraduate and graduate programs with accreditation of a number of subjects
- Constant monitoring of demanded specialties allows Cyprus College to create programs that are really in demand on the labor market
- Together with the European University, Cyprus College forms a Career Center, in which each needy student will be assisted in integrating with the work process: drawing up an autobiography, motivation letter and resume, finding vacancies, preparing for an interview
- A counseling center operates on the basis of the educational institution, the purpose of which is to help students in the selection of academic subjects, improve learning outcomes, provide information on scholarships and grants, material assistance
- Small study groups and qualified staff are the secret to successful education and Cyprus College .
Facilities and equipment at Cyprus College
At the disposal of students:
- Fully computerized library with a fund of 75,000 publications, which can simultaneously engage 200 students
- 20 equipped classrooms with a simultaneous capacity of about 1000 people
- Conference room and cultural center. The rooms are equipped with the latest audiovisual equipment, the main goal is to conduct in-student and outdoor events
- The best athletic and gymnastic halls in Cyprus with volleyball, basketball, indoor soccer and handball courts
- Emergency department with the necessary equipment and qualified specialists.
The scientific activity of students develops in:
- Cosmetic laboratory
- Computer center
- Technical laboratory
- Center for Electrology.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school year at Cyprus College begins in October.
When applying, you must pay a non-refundable fee of 52 €, the application for payment of which must be submitted in advance on the website of the institution.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicant must provide:
- Certificate of general secondary education with a compulsory grade in English and its certified translation
- Identity document
- Certificate of English proficiency (TOEFL at least 550, IGCSE with a rating of C or higher, IELTS with a rating of 6.5 or higher).
If for some reason the applicant does not provide a certificate of English proficiency, he will be offered to pass an internal language exam. In case the points received for the test are below the required level, additional English lessons will be assigned to the student.
Scholarships Cyprus College
The educational institution provides the following measures to support students:
- Family discount: if a family member is already studying at Cyprus College , the applicant is given a 10% discount on tuition
- 15% discount on tuition fees for students from large families
- One-time grants subject to the citizenship of Cyprus and the required level of achievement.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Cyprus College
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.