Cyprus International University
Description of Cyprus International University
- Founded: 1997
- Location: Cyprus
- Number of students: 19,000
- Language of instruction: Greek, English.
Cyprus International University is a state university and is considered one of the leading universities in the country. The university offers training at 12 faculties (180 educational programs):
- Agriculture and Technology
- Science and art
- Economics and Business Administration
- Art, Design and Architecture
The teaching staff includes 1000 qualified teachers.
CIU offers students the opportunity to participate in international exchange programs and scholarship programs - a scholarship can cover 50%, 75% or 100% of the cost of training. All international students receive a scholarship of 50%.
In total, about 100 different nationalities study at the university.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Cyprus International University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The educational institution provides its own hostel - a total of 17 residences on campus. Wireless Internet is available in all buildings, there are common recreation areas with TVs, and the rooms have the necessary equipment for life. Students can stay in their own apartments or in a separate room in a shared apartment for 2-6 people.
On the territory of the university there are many cafes and restaurants of different cuisines, where students can relax and have a snack in between classes.
Facilities and equipment at Cyprus International University
The university has its own library, sports halls, research centers and research laboratories. There is wireless internet on campus. Students can also buy the necessary literature at the bookstore and print materials at the copy center.
CIU provides students with transportation where they can come to study and leave at the end of the day.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the university is divided into 2 academic semesters.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university, applicants must provide a certificate of secondary education (bachelor's degree), a diploma of higher education (master's degree) and a certificate confirming knowledge of the English language (TOEFL 65 iBT / IELTS 5.5).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Cyprus International University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.