Cumnor House School for Boys
Description of Cumnor House School for Boys
- Established: 1931
- Location: South Croydon, Surrey, England
- Language of instruction: English
- Type ofinstitution: private school.
Cumnor House School for boys was founded in 1931. This is a private school for boys which main goals are:
- Helping all children develop their natural potential
- Achieving high academic standards by the union of teachers and students
- Creating a caring learning environment
- Comprehensive Support for students
- Education of leadership qualities, moral values, creative abilities.
The school is proud of the success of its students:
- 94% of students achieved high GLDs - 74% higher than the national average
- Students take exams in English and math 20% better than the national average
- According to statistics, in the 7th grade (17-18 years), 61% of students have been able to read for the past 14 years.
The curriculum is created for each student individually, to help each child use their opportunities to the maximum.
The school accepts foreign students into the ranks of students. Since there is no dormitory at the educational institution, children are provided with accommodation in guardian families, carefully selected by the guardianship authorities.
An extended day group works on the basis of the school, where students play, relax, do homework and attend additional classes under the supervision of experienced teachers. Cost - £ 3.65 per hour.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Cumnor House School for Boys
Activities Cumnor House School for Boys
Every year, students in musical ensembles and sports teams take part in:
- Barcelona Football Tournament
- African Cricket Tournament
- Italian music festival
- Dubai Cricket Tournament.
In their free time, boys are engaged in:
- Sports (tennis, cricket, football, swimming)
- Theatrical art under the LAMDA program . Every year, children from 3 to 8 years old attend compulsory theater classes, then the subject is taught optionally for those who have the desire and ability.
- The school has 14 musical ensembles, 14 students and 20 teachers are engaged.
- The main values of the school are courage, compassion, beliefs, aspiration, integrity
- High academic performance of students
- Qualified teaching staff
- The possibility of financing training by charitable foundations
- The special atmosphere of the men's team
- Active extracurricular life
- Young, modern leadership
- The possibility of accepting foreign students into guardianship families for the duration of the training
- Kindergarten at school.
Facilities and equipment at Cumnor House School for Boys
The school is located in the WoodCote Line - the place where agricultural land was located in the last century. Today, there is a quiet atmosphere suitable for the educational process.
Three school buses run daily to the place of study, which bring and take students in all neighbourhoods. There is high demand for distribution, so parents are encouraged to inform in advance about this need.
The school consists of modern classrooms, a dining room, a library, an assembly hall, rest rooms, a science laboratory and computer classes. Particular attention is paid to sports achievements, so the boys have at their disposal a sports hall, playgrounds for team games. There is a special financial program for the regular modernization of school equipment.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at Cumnor House School consists of trimesters. The beginning of classes is in September, the end is in July. The kindergarten works year-round without interruptions.
The cost of studying does not include delivery (paid separately if necessary), some additional classes, extended day group.
When submitting documents, a registration fee of £ 75 is paid and a deposit of £ 500 is paid.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To become a student at Cumnor House School for boys , you must:
- To be a male student
- Submit an online application on the school website
- Come at the appointed time to get acquainted with the school and the leadership
- Pay the registration fee and make a deposit.
Scholarships Cumnor House School for Boys
You can become a high school student with the financial support of charitable foundations and schools in the UK:
- Royal russell
- Eltham college
- Bishops challenor
- North Bridge House et al.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Cumnor House School for Boys
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.