One of the oldest and most prestigious universities in Spain is the Complutense University in Madrid. His activities began in 1499.
Originally, the University was established in Alcalá de Henares under the leadership of Cardinal Francis de Cisneros. Notable personalities who were trained at Complutense University of Madrid were:
Famous teacher (headed by the department of rhetoric) was a famous poet, teacher, philologist and historian-Antonio de Nebrih.
In the 19th century the university was territorially transferred to the city of Madrid. He was awarded the title of Central University. The active construction of the university complex began in 1927. However, the Civil War brought great destruction not only to architecture, but also to the scientific and bibliographic heritage.
After the adoption of the reform on higher education (1970), the current name of the institution, the Complutense University in Madrid, was given. Today it is a large institution with a strong research and scientific base.
Information on the training program can be found on the official website of the school.
Complutense University of Madrid is on the 4th place in the country's ranking. In the international list is 5% of the leading educational institutions. Teaching disciplines is at the highest level. Employers of many countries are interested in graduates.
In the property of the Complutense University of Madrid, there are 38 research institutes. Most of them are located in other cities and countries (Paris, California, etc.). The institution has a rich library, consisting of a large collection of books on different disciplines. Sports complexes and interest clubs will not bore young people. For foreign citizens, a place in the hostel is allocated, the cost of living in which is 620-1152 USD per month. The University of Complutense is a member of such associations as:
On the basis of the institution there are courses on the study of the Spanish language. For all applicants, there are preparatory courses, lasting one year.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.