Description of Cheongju University
- Established: 1947
- Type: private higher education institution
- Location: Cheongju, South Korea
- Number of students: 13,000.
Cheongju University (CJU) was founded in 1947 as an elite private higher education institution in South Korea. Educational programs are provided at 62 faculties. CJU is strongly committed to supporting educational policies such as patriotism, hard work, autonomy, volunteering and the rule of law to foster national culture, promote humanism and foster prosperity.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Cheongju University
Accommodation, meals, prices
CJU provides accommodation options for residency for international students:
- Two-room: apartment type apartment, including everything you need for a comfortable stay and study.
- Triple: bed, wardrobe, public toilet and shower, air conditioning, dayroom, desk, bookshelf, Internet
- Quadruple: bed, wardrobe, shoe cabinet, air conditioning, in each room 2 bathrooms, lounge, desk, bookshelf, Internet.
Cost of living = 591,000 ₩ -740,000 ₩ / 4 months.
- University offers scholarship programs for students
- CJU takes 12th place in the ranking of universities in 2016 from iF (industry forum) Germany
- In 2017, the university received accreditation of the international system for ensuring the quality of education (IEQAS).
Facilities and equipment at Cheongju University
CJU is located in the capital of Chuncheonbuk Province - Jeonju. The material and technical base of the educational institution includes sports infrastructure and its own library.
Admission dates and extra charges
The university has a two-semester academic year.
- Application fee: 50 000 ₩
- Entrance fee 400 000 ₩ -800 000 ₩
- The cost of living in Jeonju is $ 714 -1196 $ / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university you must:
- Academic plan
- Education Document + Applications
- Certificate TOPIK level 3
- Original bank statement ($ 3000 -10000 $ (depending on the program); within 6 months)
- Original employment certificate
- Profit and loss statement original
- Copy of the identity card of all family members
- Original and copy of family register
- Copy of the passport
- Letter of recommendation
- Colour photo 2 pcs. (4x5).
The selection committee reserves the right to request additional documents if necessary.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Cheongju University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.