Chandlings School, (West) Oxford, Chandlings School Summer School
Description of Chandlings School, (West) Oxford, Chandlings School Summer School
- Location: Oxford, United Kingdom,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type of training: mixed.
Chandlings School, (West) Oxford is an independent school located near Oxford and offers summer programs for students aged 6 to 12 years.
Students take intensive English courses in the format of a day camp. The programs combine effective teaching, qualified teachers and active activities after classes. The courses are ideal for foreign students who want to improve their speaking skills and level of English, gain new knowledge and experience of studying in the UK.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Chandlings School, (West) Oxford, Chandlings School Summer School
Accommodation, meals, prices
The programs are taught in the format of a day camp, so accommodation on the school grounds is not provided to students. Foreign students should take care of their accommodation in the city in advance.
Children attending day camps are required to bring a packed lunch and a bottle of drinking water every day. Employees ask students not to take products containing allergens with them: nuts, chocolate and others.
Activities Chandlings School, (West) Oxford, Chandlings School Summer School
Each week, students can expect an exciting and varied program of activities. The curriculum includes more than 40 events, among which every student is sure to find the right one for himself: from art and creativity to sports and tourist adventures. Children unite in groups with local British children of the same age, creating a comfortable atmosphere for communication and mutual understanding.
Some of the activities available to children of different ages are:
- Archery (from 8 years old),
- Cooking course,
- Dramatic art,
- Fencing (from 6 years old),
- Pedal karting (from 6 years old),
- Roller skating,
- Trampoline jumping,
- Outdoor art,
- Master class in pop art.
Activities are organized before and after the language classes - in the morning and evening.
- Day camp,
- More than 85% of children are native speakers,
- Qualified teachers with many years of experience,
- An exciting program of events.
Facilities and equipment at Chandlings School, (West) Oxford, Chandlings School Summer School
The Chandlings School campus is located just 8 km from Oxford, in the beautiful Oxfordshire countryside. The city is considered one of the best places for students - both local and foreign - as it provides an excellent modern infrastructure for study, development of personal interests, sports and recreation.
The school covers an area of 60 acres. It has classrooms, recreation areas, sports and playgrounds, including an outdoor swimming pool. Outside of class, students can walk through the open area, where forests of various trees, shrubs and flowers sprout.
The close proximity of the institution to Oxford makes it easy for parents to pick up their children from lessons, travel with them on field trips and enjoy the summer weather of the UK while their child is learning English.
Admission dates and extra charges
The child can choose the duration of the program that suits him: from one to seven weeks.
Approximate schedule of the day for students:
- 8:00-9:40 – arrival at the campus,
- 9:40-12:30 - a variety of activities with a break from 10:30 to 10:50,
- 12:30-13:30 – lunch,
- 13:30-15:10 – English lessons,
- 15:10-15:30 – break,
- 15:30-16:20 – events,
- 16:30-18:00 – departure home.
The cost of the program includes many services necessary for comfortable learning:
- Learning Materials
- General sports, social events,
- All standard excursions, including entrance fees,
- Wi-Fi on campus,
- Certificate of completion and progress report.
An airport shuttle service is available for a fee.
You can enroll in day camp courses remotely by filling out the registration form. It consists of several questions that clarify information about the child:
- The duration of the course and its start dates.
The admissions committee will review the received application and inform about admission if there are free places for the selected course.
Upon arrival on campus, future students are divided into age groups and a small language test that determines their level of knowledge.
At the end of the training, graduates receive a certificate confirming their hard work on the course and progress - from the initial language data to those obtained after the program.
Many students return to the summer camp for several years in a row, thereby confirming the quality of education, a comfortable atmosphere and the quality of entertainment programs.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to the courses of the day summer camp, you will need the child's personal documents:
- Health insurance, vaccination card,
- Student visa or residence permit to stay in the UK.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Chandlings School, (West) Oxford, Chandlings School Summer School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.