International schools in USA for international students. Description, rankings, 2024 fees
- Students are accepted to top-100 universitiesCurrently watching: 6from 78800.00 $ / yearApply with documents
- By far the best school in Texas, outstanding facilities and accommodationCurrently watching: 7from 25225.00 $ / yearApply with documents
- 94% of graduates successfully enroll universities, including Ivy League universitiesCurrently watching: 8from 28680.00 $ / yearApply with documents
- 100 % University placement from each graduating classCurrently watching: 9from 19800.00 $ / termApply with documents
- Currently watching: 6from 72950.00 $ / yearApply with documents
- Currently watching: 6from 67850.00 $ / yearApply with documents
- Average mark obtained by students who passed the IB: 32.5Currently watching: 7from 19825.00 $ / yearApply with documents
- Currently watching: 6from 82200.00 $ / yearApply with documents
- According to information for 2019, an average SAT score made up 1370Currently watching: 6from 26150.00 $ / semesterApply with documents
- Currently watching: 6from 61750.00 $ / yearApply with documents
Secondary education received in the USA is the key to successful admission to most American universities. If we talk about studying at international schools in the USA, then this is a direct path to top universities. 90% of private school graduates go to the most prestigious universities in the country, including Ivy League universities.
According to the US Department of Education, it is international schools that give students the best knowledge in the exact sciences (mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology) and foreign languages. Successful completion of the American school is actually a guarantee of admission to the leading universities of the country. That is why, despite the rather high cost of tuition, the competition for international schools remains consistently high.
For international students, studying in the USA is a great way to adapt to the American system of study in general. The American school requires not only good academic performance, but also an active life position: lessons and extracurricular activities last from morning to evening and are aimed at fostering leadership qualities, self-realization of each student, teaching effective communication and proper organization of time. Also American schools they give rather an algorithm for mastering knowledge, teach you to think independently and find the necessary information. As a result, graduates are better prepared for practical life.
Tuition fee in the best international schools in USA for foreign students
The United States is a country with a high level of education, so the price of education here will be high. In particular, the tuition fee in the international schools in the USA on a full boarding basis will cost at least $ 30,000. This amount includes payment for educational services, accommodation, meals, as well as extracurricular activities.
In general, the price of educational services in the United States varies depending on a number of factors. In prestigious institutions, the cost is much higher than the average. Geographical location is also important. Education in large cities is more expensive than in provincial ones.
Enrolment requirements in TOP international schools in USA
Many educational institutions accept foreign children only from the age of 14, and the requirements of different institutions may vary significantly. As a rule, the minimum required for residents of our country is as follows:
- Filling out the applicant's questionnaire;
- Providing a copy of the passport;
- Passing the English language proficiency test — TOEFL (it is desirable that the results are as recent as possible);
- Providing an extract (report card) with performance indicators for the last 3 years;
- Online interviewing;
- Providing characteristics at the place of study.
- In some cases, an educational institution may also require passing a test for the general academic level — SAT.
List of international schools in USA for foreign students
- Stevenson School
The school is located in the state of California, near San Diego. Children are accepted from the age of 15. It is a senior independent school in the USA offering education from 9th to 12th grade. It has special “advisers” who will help the employee in any related matters. As for educational assistance, children have special teachers - “tutors". They are ready to help the child at any time. The curriculum includes several compulsory subjects. These include:
- Information technologies
- Foreign language for student’s choice
Also, the student has the opportunity to choose several subjects of interest to him. In addition to classroom education, the school provides ample opportunities for extracurricular learning. There are many clubs and sports sections operating here. Children can play football, basketball, golf, baseball and other sports. The campus has 5 residences. One of them is exclusively for girls.
- Leman Manhattan Preparatory School
Leman Manhattan Preparatory School is an educational institution that provides studying at all levels, from elementary school. The age of students is 3-18 years old. You can live on campus from the age of 14. The boarding house is located in Manhattan, which is recognized as the most prestigious area of New York.
This school is a member of the Meritas Family School Association. The classrooms are equipped with high-tech equipment, which made it possible to introduce computer graphics and digital video lessons at the school. Every student has a personal iPad and can use any equipment or the Internet for educational purposes at any time. Classes here have no more than 18 students, and the ratio of students to teachers is 5:1, allowing children to learn the program as efficiently as possible.
Extracurricular activities are represented by many circles. There are vocal classes, a theatre circle, a school magazine is being published, a film club is functioning, and volunteer activities are flourishing. Children can attend Broadway shows, NBA matches, a theme park, and all kinds of excursions. Sports activities are represented by football, volleyball, basketball, swimming, golf, athletics disciplines. They are divided by seasons. The children live in a residence a couple of blocks from the school building, near the New York Stock Exchange building. Students live in apartments.
- Grier School
The school practices the separate form of studying, it accepts only girls for education. It is located in Central Pennsylvania, the age of students is from 13 to 18 years. The school is managed by a board of trustees, headed by Douglas Grier, PhD. Education is carried out from grade 7 to grade 12. Academic subjects, sports and art are studied. In the last year of study, students are advised on the choice of the university. The submission of documents is carried out under the supervision of school advisors.
The school is equipped with the latest technology. The studying is conducted using modern technologies. There is also a wonderful library, swimming pool, tennis courts, sports grounds. A huge variety of clubs of interest, including cooking, floristry, an active recreation club, a literary circle, etc are offered to the foreign students.
The students live in residences, in rooms designed for 2 people. There is a separate bathroom for two rooms. There is a medical office on campus. The residence has staff responsible for the order, safety and comfortable accommodation of the students.