Description of Caribbean University
- Foundation: 1990
- Location: Bayamon, Puerto Rico
- Age: from 17 years old
- Accommodation: apartments
- Language of instruction: Spanish.
The Caribbean College for Teenagers was opened in Bayamon in 1969. In 1978, it received the status of a university college, and in 1990, after the launch of graduate programs, the private college became known as the Caribbean University.
- 1197 students
- 150 teachers
- 4 campuses.
The main areas of study:
- Medical care
- Medical and support services
- Criminal justice
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Caribbean University
Accommodation, meals, prices
Caribbean University campuses do not have dormitories, but university administration helps nonresident students find housing. The cost of accommodation and meals in Bayamon is approximately $ 6,000 per year - this amount is much less than the national average.
Activities Caribbean University
Students at Caribbean University are involved in various sports: football, volleyball, a student cheerleader team is popular.
The university is preparing applicants: for students in grades 11-12 conduct free lectures and master classes.
- The quality of teaching, pedagogical traditions
- Relatively low cost of training
- Compact student groups
- The ratio of teaching staff to students is 1:15
- Modern training buildings
- The presence of a profile library
- Exchange programs with universities in different countries
- Geographical location: campuses are located on the coast.
Facilities and equipment at Caribbean University
The Caribbean University has 4 specialized academic buildings in Bayamon, Carolina, Vega Baha and Ponce, equipped with classrooms, laboratories, sports fields, stadiums. For the convenience of students, cafes and shops are open.
In 2005, the Museum of the Caribbean University opened in Bayamon. In the halls of the museum there are art exhibitions, the museum funds stores works of famous artists, the museum serves as a base for research in the field of art and museum work.
The main campus is located in Bayamon. Bayamon is Puerto Rico's second largest city after the capital of San Juan. Located in the San Juan region, in the northern part of the island on the coastal plain.
Admission dates and extra charges
Registration fee for applicants for undergraduate programs is $ 30, for postgraduate programs (graduate programs) is $ 50. Fees are not refunded or compensated.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Provide documents confirming the receipt of secondary / higher education (with grades), translated into Spanish and notarized
- Make a request
- Write an essay on the choice of subject of study
- Take Spanish tests
- Provide recommendations.
Scholarships Caribbean University
A special department of economic assistance at the university administration advises students and their parents about the possibility of obtaining financial assistance to pay for tuition, the timing of the application, the necessary parameters. At Caribbean University, 99% of students receive financial assistance, the average amount of financial assistance is $ 5,800. The income level of a student's family affects the receipt of financial support. Students of the first year of study enjoy special support. Economic aid offices are located on all campuses.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Caribbean University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.