British International School of Zagreb
Description of British International School of Zagreb
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
- Year of foundation of the campus: 2013
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of education: mixed.
British International School of Zagreb (BISZ) is a British international school, which is a subsidiary of the Primary School of Creative Development, which began its work 24 years ago.
BISZ opened its doors in September 2013, when Croatia became a member of the European Union. For about a decade, schools have been successfully competing with similar institutions of international education. This institution became the first International Cambridge School in Croatia to provide various courses: IGCSE, International AS, A-Level . Successful completion of these programs helps students to enter any university in the world, including any Ivy League university, leading institutions in Europe and Asia.
In the primary department, the curriculum complies with the English National Curriculum as well as the International Primary Education Program – one of the fastest growing education systems in the world, which are used in more than 80 countries and 1500 national, international schools.
The atmosphere of BISZ is truly international – students represent many nationalities, speak 50 different languages. Despite this, all students are united by learning English and British programs.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in British International School of Zagreb
Accommodation, meals, prices
Accommodation for boys and girls on campus is separate.
Living rooms on campus are spacious double, triple rooms with sleeping places. Each student is given an electronic key to enter the room and bathrooms. All rooms have high-speed Wi-Fi and personal safes.
Rooms are cleaned twice a week, towels and bed linen are provided by the staff. Cleaning service collects school uniforms for washing twice a week, students wash personal belongings themselves.
Residential buildings are closed during the main school holidays: winter and summer.
For students living on campus, four meals a day are provided for the entire stay: breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner. Meals are prepared in the school kitchen under the guidance of qualified chefs. All meals are served in the dining room according to scheduled meals. Every month, an International Week is organized on campus, on the occasion of which the menu includes dishes from different countries and cultures.
Campus staff take care of each student's dietary, medical records. In the presence of allergies or intolerances, a separate menu is prepared for the student.
The fee for full board will be €22,000 for a double room, €23,000 for accommodation in a single room (subject to availability). This amount includes accommodation, meals, laundry of school uniforms, sports and leisure activities on campus.
Activities British International School of Zagreb
During the week, students study in various clubs, sports teams and attend a variety of events.
Sports areas in which students educates:
- Team games: basketball, volleyball, handball
- Table tennis
- Classes in the gym, fitness center
- Running, cycling
- Basics of gymnastics.
Clubs of creativity:
- Media research, filmmaking
- Home economics, cooking
- Arts and Crafts
- Playing musical instruments
- 3D design
The entertainment program on campus includes watching movies and sports matches, evening board games.
On weekends, groups of students gather to visit Zagreb's museums, galleries and theatres, concerts, city zoos and more.
Studying at BISZ, students have the opportunity to visit Budapest, Bratislava, Vienna and other cities on day or long trips. Students and staff of the campus regularly go hiking, do mountaineering. Zagreb is located two hours from the Adriatic Sea, which is a profitable and interesting route for exploring the natural beauties of Croatia.
BISZ cooperates with travel agencies that organize private camps, hikes. Such activities can last from 3 to 10 days: students will be able to see the Velebit Mountains, Plitvice Lakes National Park, Učka Mountain and much more.
- International Campus
- Round-the-clock care of the staff
- Full board.
Facilities and equipment at British International School of Zagreb
Campus on the territory of 3000 sq.m. was landscaped in 2013. Equipped with the most modern technologies, the building provides students with:
- Security service, reception
- Medical Center
- Living rooms
- Rooms of information technologies, computer games
- Virtual Reality Department
- Music class, art studio
- Rooms for relaxation, reading, self-study
- Gym, fitness center, swimming pool
- Large outdoor terrace, relaxation area
- Canteen, cafeteria
- Library, reading room
- Classes of robotics, technical design
- Open fields for team games.
The territory of the school is large and landscaped, which is cared for by both the staff of the institution and students.
The school buildings and the entire area are under round-the-clock video surveillance, the supervision of security guards.
School uniforms are compulsory for all pupils.
Admission dates and extra charges
Important dates of the academic year:
- First school day: 6 September
- Autumn holidays: November 1-5
- Winter break: 24 December-7 January
- Beginning of the second semester – January 10
- Spring break: April 14-22
- The last day of school is June 10.
Classes begin at 9:00 and end at 16:35, on Friday the school day is shorter - until 15:00. Lessons last 45 minutes, the school schedule includes compulsory and additional subjects. All extracurricular activities, including sports and creativity, are scheduled for the afternoon.
- Registration, entrance fees – 1130€
- Security deposit – 2000€
- Payment for the transfer
- Additional laundry services
- Additional lessons – from 11 to 25€ depending on the number of people in the group
- Trips, excursions
- School, sports uniforms
- Laptop for middle and high school students.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The school accepts pupils between the ages of 13 and 19. Programs are taught entirely in English, excluding the disciplines of second foreign languages. First of all, you should contact the staff of the institution for an interview. After a positive answer, the student must pass the entrance exams.
- Enrollment Form
- Certificate with school marks, report for the previous two years of study
- Recommendations from school teachers
- Confirmation of payment of the entrance fee
- Copy of passport, birth certificate
- Enrollment agreement
- Copies of medical certificates, including vaccination records
- Visa Statute, Residence Permit
- Health insurance.
Scholarships British International School of Zagreb
BISZ offers a 5% discount with full tuition fees until the end of May:
- 40% must be paid before June 21 - the first semester
- 30% are paid until October 21 – the second semester
- 30% is paid until January 21 - the third semester.
Discounts on tuition fees for brothers and sisters of students provide 15% for the second child, 30% for the third, 50% for the fourth child from the same family. The eldest child is considered, respectively, as the first.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about British International School of Zagreb
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.