The linguistic school Home Language International was founded in 1979 and for over 40 years has been offering language programs with family living in 20 languages in more than 30 countries. Students live, study in the teacher’s house, attend individual language lessons, have breakfast, lunch, have dinner with their family, use the language in their free time, sharing the daily life of the family.
Classic Language Program is an original and popular course that completely immerses students in the studied language and culture. Students are provided with full board accommodation, private Portuguese lessons, free time outside the lessons for independent language learning, participation in the daily life of the host family.
The program includes:
Language Program with Activities offers a unique opportunity to immediately apply acquired language skills. Activities include visiting local attractions, national parks, shopping, cooking traditional dishes, afternoon tea, bowling, minigolf, swimming, board games. This will depend on the location of the family, local events, as well as personal preferences of the participants.
The course includes:
Language Program with Cultural Excursions combines a language course with travel, sightseeing, learning about Brazilian customs. The cultural program usually includes 3 trips with a teacher or any adult family member. The choice of places to visit will depend on the location of the family and personal preferences. All excursions are conducted in the language being studied, so training continues after the completion of the lessons.
Program participants are accommodated in the teacher’s house, use all the amenities available in the house, live in a separate room, have breakfast, lunch, dinner with their family.
Homestay varies from 1 to 2-3 weeks, includes from 10 to 25 hours of individual lessons with or without events. Some teachers accept students all year round, others only during school holidays. Host families range from traditional - with two adults and one or more children - to single parent families, young couples without children, couples of mature age, people who live alone.
Home Language International offers the following facilities to visit:
Home Language International classes are held year-round, students can book classes from Sunday to Sunday, the minimum course duration is 1 week.
Home Language International teaches students of any age and level of language proficiency.
The language school Home Language International regularly offers discounts on individual programs.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.