ATC Blackrock College - Summer School is a well-known language school based on the prestigious Dublin school. It offers summer English courses for students focused on academic development and wishing to spend holidays in Ireland with benefit. ATC Blackrock College is located in the ancient castle of Williamstown. It is one of the main historical, architectural landmarks of Dublin. The location creates a special atmosphere. Studying in the school is a great opportunity to immerse in Irish cultural environment.
Students also get an extensive entertainment program. Extra-curricular activities in the school implies studying something new. Communication with peers of different nationalities in English in informal environment promotes development of language skills, overcoming language barriers. It's a great place to master English and make new friends.
Short information. Vacation English for the development of communication skills.
About the course. The program with an academic load of 20 lessons per week provides for the study of the basics of English: grammar, phonetics, vocabulary. Also, students in the classroom practice in reading, listening, perform written tasks corresponding to their level of preparation. The emphasis in the learning process is on communication. Practicing English students of all groups begin with the first lesson.
Students age: 11 to 17.
Start dates: June 27 - August 9.
Requirements for enrollment: English - from beginner to advanced level.
Training result : Mastering spoken English, improving the general language skills, acquiring new friends, a lot of impressions from tours of Dublin and the province of Leinster.
Class size: 13 to 15 people.
Lesson duration: 45 minutes
[ 999.34] Price: from € 1635 for 2 weeks, including accommodation, full board, excursions and activities.
In the school, students can choose two accommodation options:
Meals are provided in the school complex (full board). If a students stays in the residence, meals in the dining room of Blackrock College are available. At the family students are provided with a hot breakfast and dinner, packed lunch.
Excursion and entertainment programs are diverse. Every day, students are invited to many sports events (team games, relay races, competitions), themed entertainment (meetings and visits, master classes, linguistic clubs, etc.). Evening program is presented by discos, quizzes, competitions, shows. Also, the vacation course of English provides 3 excursions per week. One of them takes a whole day. Priority routes - Dublin and surroundings.
Lessons take place in the morning and in the afternoon.
The school equipment on the ATC Blackrock College campus is represented by classrooms, a library, a language lab, and a computer center. The sports infrastructure of the school includes several playing fields, playgrounds, a swimming pool. Rest zones are equipped inside and outside the buildings.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.