American University of Beirut is a prestigious private American university in the Lebanese capital, Beirut, with English-language programs. The academic program of the university is based on the American educational system Liberal Arts . In the first year, students study a wide range of disciplines and only choose a specialization in 2-3 years of study. The university offers 141 bachelor's programs and 35 certificate and diploma courses, and since 2007 the institution has received permission to award PhD degrees .
Students live in residences or apartments, accommodation cost = from $ 1500 to $ 3926 per room / year.
The campus of the university occupies 61 acres of scenic countryside near the seaside. Over the fruitful years of work, the university has increased several times, for more than 100 years the astronomical observatory, the oldest in the Middle East, has been operating at the university. The infrastructure of the university includes several museums, modern auditoriums, a library system and a medical center. In total, the campus has 64 buildings and 7 student residences.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.