Akeley Wood Junior School
Description of Akeley Wood Junior School
- Established: 1846
- Location: Portmeryon, England
- Number of students: 300
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of institution: private school.
Akeley Wood Junior School was founded in 1846 as a private school for boys and girls, was located in Ipswich and was named Northgate. On its centenary - in 1946 - the school moved to the complex, which is located today. Akeley Wood School is about 900 students who receive knowledge in a symbiotic atmosphere of modern and traditional values for 6 years.
Children who have a wide range of knowledge and abilities are accepted into the ranks of students. Teachers welcome individuality and creativity: students are given the freedom to become what they want under the unobtrusive supervision of experienced teachers.
Graduates undergo mandatory testing developed by the University of Durham, with the help of which the level of knowledge, logic, and creative abilities is revealed.
There is a special department at the school where you can apply with a complaint or a proposal, and parents can be sure that their appeal will be considered in the near future.
For primary school students, the Forest School program operates: classes are held in the fresh air, often by senior students. Teachers believe that if the material is offered by peers, it is better absorbed.
The school has a system of faculties. Each teacher and student wears a tie in the color corresponding to the department:
- Hillcrest - Yellow
- Pilgrim - Red
- Stuart - Blue
- Thompson is green.
For all the events held at the school, points are awarded to students, and at the end of the school year, when summing up the results, the faculty with the highest number of points wins.
Children from all over the world are accepted in the ranks of school students, for whom a program of full immersion in the language environment is working. The issue of residence of the child is decided by the guardianship authorities, which are in close cooperation with the school.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Akeley Wood Junior School
Activities Akeley Wood Junior School
Pupils regularly visit new cities and countries. Among the latest "geographical discoveries": France, Dubai, Snowdonia National Park, etc.
The community of teachers and senior students has established the Sri Lanka charity volunteer project, which collects funds for the victims of the Asian Tsunami for:
- Cricket Academy Support
- Playgrounds for the orphanage
- Equipment for daycare street kindergarten
- One-time payments to affected families
- Equipment and facilities for a bakery school in which girls study.
The school operates more than 37 weeks a year. Additionally, SuperCamps are organized for students in the following areas:
- The program "Multi-activity", which includes games, sports and entertainment events, creative contests aimed at energizing and entertaining children. Age: 4-12 years old.
- Bushcraft The five-day course, in which young adventurers will learn how to survive in the rainforest, will solve various team tasks, while creating their own tribal areas and bases. At the end of the week, students and leaders will come together to take part in the “Rescue Mission”, where they will be able to consolidate their skills. Age: 8-14 years old.
- Cooking A five-day course that gives children the opportunity to begin their journey in the field of cooking. Pupils will go on a creative journey around the world to learn the traditional recipes of different nations. Age: 8-14 years old.
- Football camp organized by Chelsea FC. Within 5 days, students will have the opportunity to improve their football skills, broaden their horizons, and become more familiar with the daily routine of legendary players. The program includes practical classes from the best teachers of the club, theoretical lessons on nutrition and recovery. All children will receive a special Nike Chelsea FC Foundation kit, which they will take home as a souvenir. Age: 6-12 years old.
- One and a half centuries of experience in raising and educating children
- Qualified teaching staff
- Possibility of distance learning, starting from primary school
- Classic study programs
- Stylish uniform for students with ties in the color of the faculty
- Pupils visit Cambridge and Oxford regularly
- Graduates of Akeley Wood Junior School become students of the best educational institutions in the UK.
Facilities and equipment at Akeley Wood Junior School
- Akeley Wood Junior School is located in Buckinghamshire, not far from the picturesque market town of Buckingham. The calm environment in the city is ideal for study.
- Students aged 8-13 years study in the Akeley Wood House building: the building consists of computer laboratories, equipped classrooms, including for art, sewing, music and drama.
- Particular attention is paid to the sports development of students. For these purposes, a rugby and football field, netball courts, and tennis courts work in each building.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year of Akeley Wood Junior School consists of trimesters. The beginning of classes is September 5, the end is July 10. The kindergarten works year-round without interruptions.
The cost of studying does not include delivery (paid separately if necessary).
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Nursery accepts all children from 3 years of age after the interview.
The Junior School automatically enrolls children attending Nursery, as well as applicants who have applied and who have reached the age of 5 years at the start of classes.
Senior School, Sixth Form
Senior applicants and Sixth Form enroll all applicants who apply.
Scholarships Akeley Wood Junior School
The scholarship program is designed for students aged 11+, 13+ and 16+. Awarding and prolonging scholarships requires high academic achievements and good behaviour. You can get a scholarship in the areas of:
- Academic success
- Design and art.
Funds received as part of the scholarship program can be credited for tuition at the school.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Akeley Wood Junior School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.