Abberley Hall Private School
Description of Abberley Hall Private School
- Location: Worcestershire, UK
- Age of students: 2-13 years
- Total students: 320
- Type of education: mixed
- Type of accommodation: full time, full / partial board.
Abberley Hall School (Ebberly Hall Private School) is a private preparatory co-educational school for young students (2-13 years old). A small school (320 people) is conveniently located in Worcestershire (Ebberley village): it takes 3 hours to reach London, and about 2 hours to Heathrow International Airport.
Abberley Hall School was founded in London as a male boarding school (1889): in 1916 she moved to her current place, since 1998 girls have started to take programs (now they are about 30% of the total). Half of the students live on campus on a boarding basis, about 10% are foreigners.
The school is committed to the full, comprehensive and harmonious development of its pupils. Despite the lack of selectivity and rigorous acceptance tests, the atmosphere inside and the professionalism of teachers lead to excellent results - year after year, graduates successfully continue their studies at the most prestigious schools in England and Britain, including:
- Cheltenham college
- Gordonstoun school
- Stowe school
- Upppingham school
- Eton college
- Harrow school
- Radley college
- Sherborne school (or other schools in Sherborne)
- Badminton School and others.
Independent Schools Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) praised the school for all basic parameters: the organization of the educational process and mastery of leadership, the quality of training, the care for the health of students, and the upbringing of students.
The official religion of Abberley Hall School is Anglicanism, but children of any faith and religion are accepted, there is no clear religious order here.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Abberley Hall Private School
Accommodation, meals, prices
Abberley Hall School offers full-time, full or partial full-board accommodation on campus (about half of the students choose it). Separate living areas have been prepared for boys and girls, where teachers are constantly with them.
The spacious common dining room provides balanced board meals, snacks, gala dinners on holidays.
Activities Abberley Hall Private School
Sports and extracurricular activities, creative development at Abberley Hall School are inseparable from the academic process. There are many options for classes, so there is a business for everyone:
- Field hockey
- Rugby (for boys and girls)
- Music (most students play one / several instruments), vocals, choral singing
- Fishing (there is a pond on the territory for this)
- Athletics and running (including cross country)
- Rock climbing
- Fine Arts
- Theatrical mastery, drama
- Horseback riding.
Since 2004, the school has been organizing trips to a villa in the Alps during the holidays: there, students can pull up their French, relax among the magnificent landscapes and clean air, master climbing, and explore interesting sights.
Toddlers 2-7 years old often spend time at the Forest School: this is a special set of classes and lessons that are held in the fresh air.
Facilities and equipment at Abberley Hall Private School
The equipment of Abberley Hall School meets all the requirements of the 21st century - a spacious suburban area allows you to organize the conditions for convenient study, living, extracurricular activities. On campus:
- Training classes and buildings
- Residential Residences
- Own theater with studio for classes
- School of Music
- Art and Design Studios
- Scientific and practical laboratories
- Large sports complex, indoor and outdoor playgrounds for various sports (e.g. tennis courts, rugby and field hockey courts)
- Your own pond (where you can even fish!).
Admission dates and extra charges
Paid additionally and is not included in the price:
- Visa Services
- Medical insurance
- Registration fee + deposit for confirmation of place
- Semester deposit
- Some additional classes, excursions, sports and creative activities
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The main list of documents for admission to Abberley Hall School:
- School report card with grades for the last 2 years (if any) + characteristics from the class teacher
- Motivation letter
- If possible - all kinds of awards, diplomas, certificates, medals, cups, etc.
The selection committee usually conducts an interview with the student and his parents, may request a test in English, mathematics, and other subjects.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Abberley Hall Private School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.