Zhukovsky branch "Strela" of the Moscow Aviation Institute, Branch "Strela" of the Moscow Aviation Institute in Zhukovsky
Description of Zhukovsky branch "Strela" of the Moscow Aviation Institute, Branch "Strela" of the Moscow Aviation Institute in Zhukovsky
- Location: Zhukovsky, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type of training: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The university was founded in 1951 in the city of Zhukovsky, at the moment it is the leading technical university in the southeastern part of the Moscow region.
The learning process includes a course of lectures and seminars, practical and laboratory classes, educational and pre-diploma practice.
Faculties and colleges
The educational process is based on the following departments:
- Physics, Theoretical and Applied Mechanics;
- Humanities and Social Sciences;
- Applied mathematics;
- Design and construction of aircraft and experimental installations;
- Aeromechanics, control and navigation of aircraft;
- Flight tests of manned aircraft and aerospace aircraft;
- Radio-electronic systems;
- Digital computer systems of control systems for onboard radio-electronic equipment;
- Integrated onboard systems for navigation, control and guidance of aircraft;
- Economics and management of the aviation industry;
- Economics and social management of enterprises and regions;
- Information systems and technologies;
- Project management.
Things to know about
Among the graduates of the branch of MAI "Strela" there are such famous personalities as:
- I.P. Volk;
- Toktar Aubakirov;
- Y.P. Schaeffer;
- E.P. Knyagichev;
- A.N. Kvochur;
- V.N. Pugachev;
- A.V. Fedotov;
- Magomed Omarovich Tolboev;
- A.V. Shchukin;
- O.V. Gudkov;
- A.Y. Garnaev.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Zhukovsky branch "Strela" of the Moscow Aviation Institute, Branch "Strela" of the Moscow Aviation Institute in Zhukovsky
Accommodation, meals, prices
The branch of the university does not provide a dormitory.
For meals for students and staff, the university has a buffet.
Activities Zhukovsky branch "Strela" of the Moscow Aviation Institute, Branch "Strela" of the Moscow Aviation Institute in Zhukovsky
To involve students in social and scientific activities, the university organizes and takes part in the following events:
- "Round table" on training in the context of import substitution;
- Spartakiad "Championship of Universities and Labor Collectives of the Moscow Region";
- Strela Branch Chess Tournament;
- Ira: "What? Where is? When?";
- Practical conference "Reasonable from the people";
- Competition "Photodrying of MAI".
Facilities and equipment at Zhukovsky branch "Strela" of the Moscow Aviation Institute, Branch "Strela" of the Moscow Aviation Institute in Zhukovsky
The learning process is carried out on the basis of three buildings equipped with classrooms for lectures and seminars, practical and laboratory classes. The classrooms are equipped with modern technology: screens, projectors, computers and electronic whiteboards. The university provides students with free access to the scientific and technical library with a reading room.
For sports, the university has a sports hall adapted for use by people with disabilities and persons with disabilities.
Admission dates and extra charges
In the Strela branch, the learning process is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after passing the students, they are given vacations (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
- Leisure and recreation.
For admission to the university, applicants must provide the following list of documents:
- Identity card, citizenship;
- State-recognized certificate of education and qualifications;
- Proof of use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Confirmation of individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account when admitting;
- Confirmation of registration in the system of individual (personalized) accounting (if any);
- SNILS (if any).
The necessary package of documents is provided to the university:
- By mail;
- In person to the admissions office;
- Through the applicant's personal account;
- Through EPGU.
At the moment, more than 500 students are studying at the branch.
After graduation, graduates become qualified specialists in the field of aircraft engineering. To simplify employment, the university has a Career Center.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to bachelor's and specialist's educational programs, an applicant must:
- Completed education is not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the exam are not lower than:
- Mathematics — 39;
- Physics — 39;
- Informatics and ICT — 44;
- Russian language — 40;
- Social Studies — 45.
Scholarships Zhukovsky branch "Strela" of the Moscow Aviation Institute, Branch "Strela" of the Moscow Aviation Institute in Zhukovsky
As material support for students, the university allocates the following types of scholarships for students:
- State Academic;
- State social;
- the President of the Russian Federation;
- Government of the Russian Federation;
- Students of the preparatory department.
In addition, the university provides financial assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Zhukovsky branch "Strela" of the Moscow Aviation Institute, Branch "Strela" of the Moscow Aviation Institute in Zhukovsky
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.