Yerevan State University is also known as the “parent university”. It was founded in 1919 and today is the most prestigious and largest university in Azerbaijan.
In 1994, the Ijevan branch of YSU was opened: there are 4 faculties in the branch, where about one and a half thousand students study the undergraduate program. The same teachers as in Yerevan teach at YSU Ijevan branch.
The University was the first in the country to establish international cooperation: the first group of students came to study in exchange at Yerevan State University in the academic year 1926-1927. Today, YSU participates in many European and American exchange programs, students from the USA and Norway study there. Native teachers at the Faculty of Philology teach Bulgarian and Portuguese.
Applicants can choose for themselves one of a hundred specialties and get education at the faculties:
For students, the famous library of Yerevan University named after Sarkis and Marie Izmirlyan, which has not been closed since its founding.
A publishing house has been operating at Yerevan State University for 90 years, and over that time it has published more than 6,000 books. Once a month, the University of Yerevan newspaper is published by students.
In 2016, a joint project of the Yerevan University and the Ministry of the Armenian Diaspora, the Diaspora Summer School, was launched. The goal of the school is to strengthen and preserve the Armenian identity and increase the level of knowledge of the Armenian language among young people.
In their free time, students can attend a theater studio, choir, orchestra, club of literary critics, KVN, dance ensembles.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.