Vyatka State University, Vyatka State University
Description of Vyatka State University, Vyatka State University
- Location: Kirov, Russia;
- Age of students: from 15 years;
- Type of training: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
Vyatka State University was founded on March 13, 1963 as the Kirov Correspondence Polytechnic Institute.
Faculties and colleges
The university includes:
- 8 institutes:
- biology and biotechnology;
- humanities and social sciences;
- economics and management;
- mathematics and information systems;
- chemistry and ecology;
- Representative office in Omutninsk, Kirov region;
- Vyatka State University College.
The main scientific directions of the university:
- Physicochemical, molecular and cellular biology, biotechnology;
- Geography and environment;
- Inorganic chemistry, solid state chemistry, materials science;
- Power engineering;
- Chemical technologies, including petrochemicals;
- Production technologies and engineering technologies;
- Computer science, including information and telecommunication technologies, robotics;
- Historical sciences, cultural studies, art history;
- Philological Sciences;
- Economic Sciences, Economic Geography;
- Psychology and pedagogical sciences.
The university publishes 5 peer-reviewed scientific journals:
- "Bulletin of Vyatka State University";
- "Herald of Humanitarian Education";
- Advanced science;
- "Mathematical Bulletin of Vyatka State University";
- "Theoretical and Applied Ecology".
Things to know about
In the ranking of Russian universities "National Recognition", Vyatka State University ranks 89th among 644 universities.
In the category "Classical Universities" the university ranks 31st among 98 universities.
The total number of teaching staff of the university is 659 people, including:
- 90 doctors of science;
- 565 candidates of sciences.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Vyatka State University, Vyatka State University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university has prepared 8 dormitories of corridor and block type, from 75 to 227 rooms in each. The fee, depending on the dormitory, is no more than 876 rubles per month.
In the corridor-type dormitories there are:
- laundry rooms with washing machines;
- study rooms;
- source of drinking (filtered) water;
- On each floor:
- 1-3 kitchens;
- 1-6 bathrooms;
- 1-2 washrooms.
In block-type dormitories there are:
- bathroom with washbasin in each block;
- 2 kitchens on each floor;
- laundry rooms with washing machines;
- study rooms.
Each resident is provided with a bed, a chair, a bedside table, a shelf, a mattress, a pillow, a blanket, bed linen, 2 towels.
On the territory of the dormitories on Lomonosov Street there are 2 parking lots for cars (for 80 cars) and parking for bicycles; There is also an educational and sports building with a fitness room, a dining room, a sanatorium, four outdoor sports grounds.
There are 7 canteens and 3 buffets in the educational buildings of Vyatka State University: they develop complex meals, which include a variety of salads, more than 60 types of pastries, hot dishes, side dishes, desserts and drinks. There is also an assortment of dishes for athletes, vegetarians, dietary dishes are widely represented.
Activities Vyatka State University, Vyatka State University
Vyatka State University has a system of support for talented youth. Creative teams of the university take part in university, regional, international and all-Russian festivals and competitions of artistic creativity.
The student club unites various areas of student amateur performances. The total number of students involved in the activities of the Vyatka State University Student Club exceeds 1000 people.
Vyatka State University has sections in 19 sports, in 2021 a new health direction was opened - qigong breathing exercises.
- Cooperation with foreign universities;
- Targeted training in state-funded places.
Facilities and equipment at Vyatka State University, Vyatka State University
The university consists of 25 educational buildings and 8 dormitories. As part of the logistical support there are:
- laboratories with appropriate equipment;
- computer classes;
- specialized classrooms;
- offices for independent work with PCs and other equipment, Internet access.
In buildings No. 1, 4, 6, 14, 15 and 16, coworking areas are organized to organize teamwork of students as part of project activities.
In the structure of the scientific library of Vyatka State University:
- 5 subscriptions of scientific and educational literature;
- 6 reading rooms;
- 440 seats for library users.
Sports infrastructure of UP:
- ski base with gym;
- an educational and sports complex with a swimming pool and an athletics arena;
- 15 gyms;
- 3 gyms;
- carpet hall;
- hall of therapeutic gymnastics.
Medical care is provided in the sanatorium of the university and five health centers.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year begins on September 1 and is divided into two semesters, each ending with a test and examination session in accordance with the curriculum.
Additional expenses may include fees for accommodation in dormitories (for nonresidents), meals, leisure and other expenses.
For admission, you must provide:
- Document on education (certificate / diploma) with an appendix;
- Passport (or other identity document) – pages with a photo and registration;
- Photography in digital form;
- Documents confirming benefits (if any);
- Documents confirming individual achievements (if any);
- In case of change of surname - marriage certificate or certificate of change of name;
- TIN and SNILS numbers.
You can apply for admission and documents in person, by mail or online.
The total number of students at the university is more than 18,000 people.
Promotion of student employment and employment of graduates is provided by the Vyatka State University Employment Center "Career Steps".
Partner enterprises of the university for the employment of graduates:
- Electric Machine-Building Plant "LEPSE";
- Kirov plant "Mayak";
- Vyatka Machine-Building Enterprise "AVITEK";
- JSC "Electroprivod";
- Omutninsk Metallurgical Plant;
- Kirov plant for processing non-ferrous metals;
- LLC "HaloPolymer Kirovo-Chepetsk";
- United Chemical Company URALCHEM";
- Branch of PJSC Rosseti Centre and Volga Region — Kirovenergo;
- Institute of Territorial Planning "Kirov Architectural, Land Management Design and Survey Enterprise";
- Research and Production Enterprise "Znak";
- Administration of the Governor and the Government of the Kirov Region;
- Administration of the city of Kirov;
- Multifunctional center for the provision of state and municipal services;
- Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia in the Kirov region;
- Office of the Judicial Department in the Kirov Region;
- Federal Tax Service for the Kirov Region;
- UFSSP in the Kirov region;
- Prosecutor's Office of the Kirov Region;
- JSC "Russian Agricultural Bank", Kirov;
- Kirov branch of PJSC Sberbank;
- Kirov branch of PJSC Rostelecom;
- Center for Oncology and Medical Radiology;
- Museum of K.E. Tsiolkovsky, Aviation and Cosmonautics;
- Kirov Center for Social Assistance to Family and Children;
- Vyatka Independent Radio Company;
- MBOU Secondary School No. 11, 26, 40,57, 59 Kirov;
- MOAU secondary school with in-depth study of individual subjects No. 10, 27, 47, 37 Kirov;
- Lyceum of Natural Sciences, Kirov Physics and Mathematics Lyceum, Vyatka Humanitarian Gymnasium (Kirov);
- Kindergarten No. 11, 74, 151.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants to the university must meet the following requirements:
- age from 17 years;
- completed education is not lower than secondary complete general, confirmed by the relevant document.
The minimum number of points according to the results of the exam:
- Informatics and ICT — 44;
- Physics — 39;
- chemistry — 39;
- Mathematics — 39;
- Biology, 39;
- Geography — 40;
- English — 30;
- Social Studies — 45;
- History — 35;
- Literature — 40;
- Russian language — 40.
Scholarships Vyatka State University, Vyatka State University
The following types of scholarships are paid at Vyatka State University:
- state academic;
- state social;
- increased state academic;
- state social in an increased amount;
- scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Russian Federation;
- scholarships awarded by legal entities and individuals.
In addition, the university provides financial support to students who find themselves in a difficult life situation.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Vyatka State University, Vyatka State University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.